You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I'm new to Affinity and like what I see.  

This may be a dumb question, but being used to Aperture and then Photos, I could import a card full of images and then work on them one at a time.

I have tried selecting multiple images and it just never finishes.  I have only been able to do one at a time.

Running V1.4.1

Appreciate any help or direction on this.  Not successful searching forums and the help files.

Thanks, :)

• Staff

Hello Cobraboy1997,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Although Affinity Photo can open several images at once for RAW conversion and photo editing, it's not intended to be used as library manager like Aperture or Lightroom.

You can only edit one image at a time despite being able to open more than one. We will launch a software specifically for library management later (DAM).

• 3 years later...
On 2/22/2016 at 11:46 AM, MEB said:

Hello Cobraboy1997,

Although Affinity Photo can open several images at once for RAW conversion and photo editing, it's not intended to be used as library manager like Aperture or Lightroom.

You can only edit one image at a time despite being able to open more than one. We will launch a software specifically for library management later (DAM).

Dear, your response "answered" in parts the question of the other user.

This issue was raised in 2016, we are currently in 2019 and the problem described persists, I tried in the current version to do the same process, I currently use the LR to adjust my photos.

I take sports photos and I normally do around 4000 to 5000 per event, and I need to know if Affinity will ever match the LR in that matter.

Another detail that exists in the LR, is the possibility of individually synchronizing settings (not copying from one photo to another), all photos at a single time, will this exist in Affinity ??

I would love to have these particularities in Affinity so I can stop paying the LR and I will become an Affinity subscriber.

• Staff

Hi Davi_BR,
As said above Affinity is mostly a photo editor with RAW development/conversion support, closer to Photoshop than Lightroom (which is more geared towards the needs/requirements of photographers). It doesn't manage libraries (or databases), share/apply settings to a group of photos/photoshoot, nor export sidecar files among other things as you are used from Lightroom. We do hope to have a software more appropriate for these functions later (DAM).