Pixel Document rendered
Selection: rectangle
Export: selection only
Only the whole document is exported
My error or bug?

Thanks in advance for help

Norbert

A simple procedure. Do not ask for a screenshot or video
Neither a screenshot nor a video gives additional information, certainly the movement of the cursor will be visible.

First: The Selection Area is documented in the Help as being related to selected layers:

Area—instead of exporting the whole page, you can export the currently selected layer content, with or without other (deselected) layers, using the 'Selection Area' or 'Selection Only' option respectively.

It is not related to pixel selections.

30 minutes ago, pcam said:

A simple procedure. Do not ask for a screenshot

Next: Even in cases where pixel selections matter, screenshots can be important. When someone doesn't understand what is happening, and needs to ask a question, it is important to provide the information that those who understand it better may ask for. There can be subtle distinctions that matter, that the person who needs help doesn't understand or recognize.

For example (not relevant for this specific question, but in some others where a user says they have a pixel layer or selection): many users do not properly distinguish between Pixel layers and Image layers, or between Pixel layers and RAW developed layers. They call all of them pixel layers. But when you make a pixel selection on either of those kinds of layer, it won't do what you think it will if you simpy think you have a Pixel layer. We can tell that if we have a screenshot. So yes, a screenshot can provide additional information even in "simple procedures".

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

To add to Walt's comments, if you want to export a marquee selection of a pixel layer do
<ctrl>J to copy the selection to a new layer
Switch to export persona
Create slice from the new layer
Export that

Microsoft Windows 11 Home, Intel i7-1360P 2.20 GHz, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Intel Iris Xe
Affinity Photo - 24/05/20, Affinity Publisher - 06/12/20, KTM Superduke - 27/09/10

18 minutes ago, pcam said:

I used this as kind of "work around"

I don't regard this as a "work around", I think it's a pretty useful feature. I may be a bit out of date with modern software but in days of yore I would do a copy, create a new image with that and then save. The affinity way is miles quicker, granted it's not all that intuitive

ps I started with Photoshop4 which would be my all time favourite program apart from the 1 undo

Microsoft Windows 11 Home, Intel i7-1360P 2.20 GHz, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Intel Iris Xe
Affinity Photo - 24/05/20, Affinity Publisher - 06/12/20, KTM Superduke - 27/09/10

2 hours ago, David in Яuislip said:

Switch to export persona
Create slice from the new layer

I think that's extra work. Once you've duplicated the pixel selection onto a new layer, then a simple Export with an Area of Selection Only should work.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1