You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Workflow Improvements to the Layer Panel

Hi Guys,

As someone who typically deals with a lot of layers and groups within groups, there are some features that would save a lot of time and a lot of unnecessary clicking. My apologies if these features already exist but I was unable to find any info.

1) Using alt-click on a group to open or close itself and all sub-groups. I miss this feature from Photoshop as it makes it easy to work with all your groups and layers

2) Options to rename multiple layers. If I've created dozens layers and slices all with very specific names (because the images are going into Xcode) and then at some point I need to change the naming convention, I have to manually rename each and every slice. And if I want the layers to match, I have to rename those too (again). If the slice detects that the layer it derived from has changed, it should automatically update. At the moment, I'm having to batch rename the output files knowing all the names in my source file are incorrect. Or, manually rename all the layers and slices.

3) Options to duplicate a layer and apply a custom postfix or automatic sequential numeric increment. Again, this saves lots of double-clicking on layers and manual renaming.

Thanks for your consideration!

Cheers,

Neil

Light Pillar

lightpillar.com