You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cannot add drag assets into document

I am unable to drag assets from the Assets panel onto the document.  When I try to do so, I see the cursor change to a plus icon, but there is no preview of the asset and when I release the mouse, the asset is not added to the document.  No error message and no update in the history panel.  This is the case for all assets, and is still the case with a new document.  I have tried the following:

• Restarting Affinity Photo 2
  • Restarting my Mac
  • Uninstalling and reinstalling Affinity Photo 2
  • Exporting and reimporting the assets

These are assets that have previously worked fine, and they continue to work intermittently - I generally can add 1 or 2 assets to a document after I restart Affinity Photo 2 before the problem reoccurs and I am unable to add any more.

MacBook Pro (13 Inch M1, 2020)
macOS Big Sur v11.6
Affinity Photo v2.0.4

I am not aware of any changes recently to my machine that might have caused this, but would be happy to assist in recreating the issue.  If a support technician reaches out to me privately, I will happily share the assets export.

Edited by Maloric

• Staff

Hi @Maloricand Welcome to the Forums,

Could you upload the Assets file to our private Dropbox here and I'll see if I can replicate the issue with your assets file, as I've tried replicating the issue with the assets I have installed and haven't been able to yet.