You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Problem using Affinity extension in Apple Photos

I have Affinity Photo 1.4.1 and have problem to use extensions in Apple Photos. Affinity Photos works fine as a standalone applications.

I can open the extension. But when I am trying to do something, I can just click on one control and then I am stuck whit that control and its first results. I can’t use another control and I can’t change the result. And then to leave the extension, I have to change to Finder or another program and then back to Photos before I can leave the extension.

I have an iMac with the Intel Core i7, El Capitan 10.11.3 and Photos 1.3.

You don't see "Cancel" & "Save Changes" buttons at the top of the Photos window when you have selected one of the Affinity extensions? You can't switch to another extension (or any of the built in editing tools) until you click one of those buttons to exit from the extension.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Hi all,

No, Apple Photos don't loose focus. But for instance if I am in Affinity Monochrome and click on the control for Red, then this control are the only one that I can move. And after the first click, I can move the slider even if I have the cursor at the bottom of the window and clicking. But there will be no changes after the first click.

It happens to other extensions too and also for extensions from Macphun.

I haven't try another user account, I am the only user.

I can see the "Cancel" and & "Save Changes" button at the top, so that isn't the problem. But it seems as they are looked until I switches back and forward to another application.

I could not recreate your problem myself.  I tried all Affinity Photo extension in Apple Photos.  In the monochrome I do not have an option to click select any color. I can only click-drag each slider, and was able to adjust all.  I was able to adjust all sliders, and the output curve fine.  Sorry I could not recreate your problem with Affinity Photo extensions for Apple Photos.