You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Paragraph Leading Adjustment is Broken

Not sure if this ie the right place to report bugs? It not, Admin can you move the appropriate space?

The ui is screwed up and it won't recognise adjustments.

Thanks!

Juan.-

Screenshot 2023-03-09 at 13.12.14.png

Edited by JuanCDC
miss worded

Hmm, while this redraw issue had been reported in 2.0.0 in other fields it was fixed and I can't duplicate it in the 1713 beta. You're definitely using the beta - the design of combo boxes has been changed from 2.0.4 which had a light grey background and this control was shifted to be right aligned - so I don't know why it' snot happening for me. I tried it with the panel docked and undocked, too.

But while looking for this I found another bug with the beta. Others, could you please try this with the Leading field (a combo box) versus another field such as Left Index (a text field)?

1. Create a new document and draw a frame
  2. Type a number into Left Indent but don't press Tab or Return. For example, type 2. The number hasn't been accepted yet because if it had it would have the units abbreviation appended to it.
  3. Click in the text frame - the number you typed will be cleared and reset to 0" because you didn't complete the text entry. This is correct behaviour.
  4. Now type a number into the Leading combo box and don't press Tab or Return. For example, type 12345. Also avoid changing apps while doing this because the control might lose focus and the number might then be accepted.
  5. Click in the text frame - the number you typed will still be there - Publisher will not update the combo box to reflect the current value.
  6. Close the document and create a new one. Draw a new text frame. The number will still be there, Publisher never resets that field.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.0 for macOS Sonoma 14.4, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

Hey Mike!

I'm just trying this now. When I get to step 3 and click back on to my new text frame, Publisher automatically accepts the number I typed into the Left indent box.

I created a new document, new text Frame, placed a number (2) and nothing else on the left indent box, when I click on back on the text Frame, not left indent is set to 2 px.

Same thing for the Paragraph Leading, but it automatically takes "pt" values. for example I typed 12345 as you suggested. Then clicked on the text frame and Publisher automatically added pt at the end (os as far as is possible the currently read)

I have now managed to adjust the Paragraph Leading, So there's progress!! Although the UI is still scrambled...

Thanks for you help Mike!

Juan.-

6 minutes ago, JuanCDC said:

I'm just trying this now. When I get to step 3 and click back on to my new text frame, Publisher automatically accepts the number I typed into the Left indent box.

I created a new document, new text Frame, placed a number (2) and nothing else on the left indent box, when I click on back on the text Frame, not left indent is set to 2 px.

Are you using Windows or macOS and which version?

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/10/2023 at 9:52 AM, Gabe said:

This appears fixed in the latest internal build. Please check it again once we have a new build available. 

Confirmed, the issue with typing a value into the field field and then clicking back in the document is fixed. Publisher now accepts the value and adds units to it.

1 hour ago, garrettm30 said:

This is not fixed as of 2.1.0.1736, but it does depend on how wide the studio is:

Gabe was referring to the other issue, the one I reported above.

Thanks for the video. I use a small screen and keep my studios narrow which explains why I couldn't duplicate the OP's issue until now, the one with the Leading label appearing over top of the field. I didn't even realize that's what the issue was, I thought it was the issue with double text appearing in a field. Your video makes it clear and I'm seeing the same bug now in 1736 on Ventura. I don't think this one has been logged yet since I kind of sidetracked the conversation.