Jump to content

Recommended Posts

When I'm designing I deal with text, graphics and photos. I am constantly switching from move tool to text tool.

What is the fastest way to interchangeably switch from Text tool to Move tool.

I know Escape is the one key and clicking outside the text box while holding Command so then to select V for the Move tool.

The same case in illustrator, but I wonder if there is a plan to find a faster or more accessible to one key that does both.

I have been on AD and AP since December. Trying not to use my old version of CS, so far so good,

I have completed two designs with AD..

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

maybe i don't understand what your problem really is. when you select the text tools and type, the text field has the move controls around. if you click on another object, say, a layer, it automatically inherits the move controls, as if you selected the move tool. if you select the text layer again, you have the move handles again.

take care,


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...

Important Information

Please note the Annual Company Closure section in the Terms of Use. These are the Terms of Use you will be asked to agree to if you join the forum. | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.