You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo hanging after save as or quit

I've posted about this before. It's less frequent since I reinstalled the program, and I haven't tried the beta.

But the program is freezing with beachball on save, save as, or quit with regularity, even though it's not every time.

In general it's after I've done a bunch of stuff rather than just opening a new photo. I send the crash reports to Apple almost every time, but I'd be happy to help track this down any way I can.

Mac Studio, latest Ventura, AP 2.0.4

Looking at this, I'll have to check whether having Photos open has anything to do with it. I did use "Edit with" in Photos to start this.

image.thumb.jpeg.63568afa259dc1aa58a0a1d23112ed08.jpeg

• Staff

Hi @nickbatz,

On 3/7/2023 at 9:15 PM, nickbatz said:

Looking at this, I'll have to check whether having Photos open has anything to do with it. I did use "Edit with" in Photos to start this.

I just tried sending a few photos from Photos to Affinity, edited them and saved them and closed Affinity without any problems.

Are you using the Affinity Store version of Affinity or the Mac App Store version?

8 hours ago, stokerg said:

Hi @nickbatz,

I just tried sending a few photos from Photos to Affinity, edited them and saved them and closed Affinity without any problems.

Are you using the Affinity Store version of Affinity or the Mac App Store version?

Oh, I've opened and closed photos from Photos to Affinity millions of times without any problems. It's always after I've built up a few layers that it hangs, and it's by no means every time.

This is the Affinity Store version.

Thanks.

I had similar problems a few months ago (hangs when copying/pasting), and your tech support person nailed it with the first question - whether I was using a clipboard manager, and I'd forgotten about the one in BetterTouchTool.

My first thought was that this could be related, but I don't think so:

image.jpeg.1c78d8f905a289260b26bf1b10a58ed5.jpeg