You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Shortcut conflict

Suggestion: When there is a keyboard shortcut conflict - clicking on the icon will take you to the conflicted setting instead of doing nothing when clicking on it. - Or have an option to override the existing shortcut.

I'm really struggling to find where some of these are at. Before I could use the "help" menu and type in what I was looking for. That seems to be gone in V2. The help center won't show me were "Edit Frame Content" button is to remove the shortcut. I have been using Indesign for so long that I would like to keep those shortcuts the same - or change them at my pace. Shift+command+C should be center in that world. Is there an online keyboard shortcut file that would make it similar or could it be included for those who are transitioning?

4 hours ago, Bryce said:

I'm really struggling to find where some of these are at. Before I could use the "help" menu and type in what I was looking for. That seems to be gone in V2. The help center won't show me were "Edit Frame Content" button is to remove the shortcut. I have been using Indesign for so long that I would like to keep those shortcuts the same - or change them at my pace. Shift+command+C should be center in that world. Is there an online keyboard shortcut file that would make it similar or could it be included for those who are transitioning?

I agree that the Preferences > Shortcuts screen could make it easier to find a shortcut but the Help search feature is working for me. There were some scattered reports of the search field missing when v2 first launched. That appears to be a macOS issue with a newly-installed program. Just restart macOS and it should reappear.

image.thumb.png.e3755c7ca6c30ad3ab8b4c97ec9c9fd7.png

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.0 for macOS Sonoma 14.4, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

4 hours ago, Bryce said:

I'm really struggling to find where some of these are at. Before I could use the "help" menu and type in what I was looking for. . .

Better yet, how about a choice, upon being notified of the conflict, of deleting the conflict without having to navigate to it.