You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Warp Group exported to PDF results in clipped objects. AFD-6306

This still exists in beta in specific cases.

Steps to repelicate issue in Windows Affinity Designer Beta 2.1.0.1714:

1. Create three vector shapes (Expanded to curves)
  2. Fill with same gradient
  3. Warp
  4. Export

Issue does not occur when three solid fills are used

Device is Win 10 Pro, i7-2700K, Quadro P2200, 32GB Ram.

Screenshot 2023-03-07 153702 - Copy.jpg

Warp Group exported to PDF results in clipped objects AFD-6306 - Copy.afpackage

Note: This is related to this report where @Serif Info Bot said AFD-6306 is fixed in the beta .1709:

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.3, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.3.1

Hi @MC909

Strangely, if I load your file and export it I see a similar issue, however if I recreate your file in 2.1.0.1713 on macOS and export it I don't see the issue at all... The attached file contains both your original and the recreated version...

Graduated Warps Recreated.afdesign

Affinity Designer 2.4.0.2301 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0.2301 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0.2301
Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.6.8

Thank you for looking at this. Your recreation does indeed export fine in Windows.

If I copy the gradient fill from my original layers to yours, the export breaks again.

My original uses Pantone Spot Colours as the gradient stops. Could that be the issue?

20 minutes ago, MC909 said:

My original uses Pantone Spot Colours as the gradient stops. Could that be the issue?

I've just tested using Pantone Spot Colours and again all seems to be working as expected on Mac, so possilby a Windows specific issue, hopefully someone else on Windows can test your file and likewise recreate the file to see if they see the same issue...

Affinity Designer 2.4.0.2301 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0.2301 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0.2301

Thanks.

Update for whover looks into this: Weirdly I can get mine to work if I select "rasterise nothing" as oposed to "unsupported properties" in the PDF option. Toggling honor spot colours does not affect anything.

42 minutes ago, MC909 said:

Update for whover looks into this: Weirdly I can get mine to work if I select "rasterise nothing" as oposed to "unsupported properties" in the PDF option.

A quick test using all available options seems to make no difference on Mac, as in, the only preset that rasterises by default is pdf (flatten) and changing the rasterise options between Nothing, Unsupported Properties and Everything again makes no difference and the file exports without issue regardless of pdf preset options.

I'll do a little more testing to see if I can figure out what is causing this issue and hopefully in the meantime someone else is also able to test on Windows so we can rule OS in or out of the equation...

That's so weird Gabe, it works from scratch in beta. What a relief thank you.

IIRC correct althought the test file was created in the beta, I copied and pasted the gradient from a file created in a stable release that I had opened to test. 

I'm guessing I will need to redo work created in the non beta version? Any idea what is the issue in the original file to narrow down what I need to remake?