You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1950s-style ‘Creature Feature’ movie title still experiments

GarryP

Here are some experiments, of varying quality, that I was playing around with at the weekend.
Apart from some (modified) background images everything was done in Designer and Photo.
They’re not what I would call ‘production ready’ but they’re okay as long as you don’t go looking for problems.

(Any resemblance to real movies or organisations is purely accidental.)

the atomic monster.png

beasts of the amazon.png

the thing inside my stolen skin.png

the tinglers.png

Thanks both.

UK fans of this type of film might like to look at the schedules of “Talking Pictures TV” on Freeview.

Recent showings have been: Monster from Green Hell; The Man from Planet X; Kingdom of the Spiders; The Phantom Planet; Fire Maidens from Outer Space; and many others.

Non-UK fans (and UK fans) might also be able to access their free ‘on demand’ website at tptvencore.co.uk

Love them. Brings back memories of the classic BW horror films of the 30s. The old RKO credits with the prop plane flying around a radio tower (If memory serves correctly). Take a look at some of the fonts in the link below. I'll bet they'll serve up some inspiration. Same type company has a family called "Tiki" that would fit your endeavor.

https://housefonts.com/hi/monster

I so want to see the movie "The Tinglers" lol

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

On 3/15/2023 at 9:46 AM, firstdefence said:

Sounds like a very interesting premise for a movie. A sort of proto-demonic ASMR dystopian future? Or film linked to a range of sweets or popping candy? Other interpretations may be available.

Love the old movies, like "The day the earth stood still (1951)" https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0043456/ awesome movie.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

45 minutes ago, firstdefence said:

Love the old movies, like "The day the earth stood still (1951)" https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0043456/ awesome movie.

Let’s not forget “Creature from the Black Lagoon (1954)” which I had the privilege(?) of seeing in 3D.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

9 hours ago, Alfred said:

Let’s not forget “Creature from the Black Lagoon (1954)” which I had the privilege(?) of seeing in 3D.

Awesomely naff and overacted but compelling viewing.

On 3/15/2023 at 9:46 AM, firstdefence said:

I'd imagine it to be a sequel to "The Tingler". (A bit like "Alien" and "Aliens"!) I'd love to have seen it in a cinema (with "Percepto" etc), rather than on TV at home!
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tingler)

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

23 minutes ago, GarryP said:

I had no idea that “The Tingler” was a film; I just came up with “The Tinglers” off the top of my head.
Thanks for pointing that out.

I thought that might be the case, but the idea of a sequel to "The Tingler" rather appeals to me!
In any case, well done with these, I could easily believe they are all the real thing! 👍

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

5 hours ago, GarryP said:

I had no idea that “The Tingler” was a film; I just came up with “The Tinglers” off the top of my head.
Thanks for pointing that out.

Yours is plural so I'd count that as a sequel lol!

I reckon it's a dark carry on film that was never released. Eccentric twins who look a bit like the Mad Hatter with one each of these devices...
 image.png.8f9e3c56b03f049b34b4066ddbae24e7.png

...running around the dark streets of Upper and Lower Slaughter; a more picturesque place one could not imagine, inducing excruciating follicular pleasure to unsuspecting people with heads. Inspector Spakmearder head of The Birmingham Ultimate Municipal Squad (BUMS) a crack group of elite investigators were hot on the tails of the sinister twins, where will the twins heinous crime spree be next, what happened to Mrs Baps, who removed the danger sign "don't stick your finger in the plug socket" and where have all the daffodildos gone?

Diabolical crimes indeed.