You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

A dedicated thread for plugin status / requests?

Hello mods, 

Just a suggestion - 

We're seeing plenty of comments and requests around plugins scattered around the forums. Would it be better if we had a dedicated thread or a blog entry that stays current, with a list of plugins you have validated, and perhaps a place for people to vote on our most used plugins that we would like supported on Affinity Photo? 

• Staff

Hi pingssgp,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Thanks for your feedback. Photoshop plug-in support is still under development so there isn't yet an official list of supported plug-ins.

I will make one available soon but it's intended to be seen more as an indication/guidance of what's working than anything else while development progresses.

Since plug-in support is also dependent on plug-in developers collaboration/interest, a voting system will hardly have much effect on what's supported first.

Thanks Meb for the quick answer. Since plugin support depends on interest, is there any way we can help troubleshoot problems with getting plugins working? 

As I had written earlier, the ColorPerfect plugin from CF systems (http://www.c-f-systems.com/Plug-ins.html) is central to my workflow. Affinity photo recognises the plugin, loads it and I can manipulate my image in it, but I can't get the plugin to remember my registration code, which results in a watermark over the output image. It looks like we're almost there, and it would be great to have it working with AP. 

I've already written to CF systems to ask about support for AP, and will keep you posted when there is an answer. 

I hope plug-ins can be resolved too.  The possibility of Affinity DAM also raises the same issue.  My work flow for certain clients is dependent on Photomatix  HDR which although can work in Photoshop makes far more sense for me in Aperture since that is where I can make stacks that auto group the bracketed exposures.  That also raises the point of how important timed stacks are too in a DAM.