You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export to PDF/Printing cause loss of transparency

Since the last days I am losing all my printing (directly to my L14150 EPSON printer or "Windows Print to PDF"). All imagens with transparence backgraound started to lose the transparence or bright changing, as shown below:

image.png.e88261e73037ea401f18b61d2b188950.png

There is no filter, transformation, FX, mask (...) applied. Just a PNG over other image. Everything was working fine untill few days ago. What is happening? If I do the same art using Corel, the correct result os obtained:

image.png.99305c5d495b8018a13d64a2ec25b028.png

I am using Affinity V 2.0.4 and tryed to chance de color profile several times. Its an Affinity bug, definitely.

Is anyone having the same bug?

• 1 month later...

I've been having the same issue.

If I export as a pdf to then print I get a colour drop for any layers that have had an fx such as a transparency.

In a way.... I'm glad you have the issue as very few seem to have the same problem and I'm pulling my hair out trying to find the solution.

Running on Apple Mac

Affinity Designer: 1.10.6

Printer: OKI 9431

IMG_5485.JPG

On 3/2/2023 at 11:25 PM, claudiocazal said:

Just a PNG over other image.

Hello :)

I think the Alpha transparency PNG is the main issue with Affinity.
When ever I cutout something from Affinity Photo and export as PNG with transparent background and import in Publisher I got the same issue not only with My Epson L110 but also with Canon 2010 & HP LJ 1005M. (for me PDF or Apub, APhoto file all are the same when it is come from Affinity and I am with V1)

Solution : Print as image.

Thank you for anything & everything.

‘‘কেউ শুধালে বোলো, আমি কাছের তো নই দূরের কেউ৷ সাগর বেলায় ধাক্কা দিয়ে মিলিয়ে যাওয়া প্রবল ঢেউ।’’ - নাদিয়া জামান

18 minutes ago, BAKAI said:

Hello :)

I think the Alpha transparency PNG is the main issue with Affinity.
When ever I cutout something from Affinity Photo and export as PNG with transparent background and import in Publisher I got the same issue not only with My Epson L110 but also with Canon 2010 & HP LJ 1005M. (for me PDF or Apub, APhoto file all are the same when it is come from Affinity and I am with V1)

Solution : Print as image.

When you suggest 'print as image' are you meaning to rasterise all layers?.... if so I get a drop in the colour as if the whole thing has a transparency over it.

Very frustrating.

9 minutes ago, The_TNC said:

Still pulling my hair out with this.... I can see there have been similar issues going back a number of years but there never seems to be an answer.

Help

Some PDF formats support transparency, and some don't. So, first, I think we would need to know what Export settings you're choosing. We would probably also need the document that has a problem when you export it.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

I have literally tried to export in all the PDF options available... still the same problem... i get a shading for the layer where I have added opacity.

In the PDF Flatterned I don't get the layered transparcany issue but the whole document has a reduced colour... as if it is faded.

• 6 months later...

Has this problem been answered anywhere? I've had the same problem on several documents. Wherever I use the Transparency Tool, the exported PDF's look fine, but when printed those items have full color on my personal printer. Strangely, when the document was sent to the University Print services for a larger print job, it turned out fine. Is this a printer specific problem?