You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Modify levels in independent channels

It would be great. I am a scientist, treating biological images and preparing figures for publication and I am looking for replacement software for Illustrator and Photoshop as I do not want (and I cannot) rent software and take the risk not to be able to open my files if I do not get a grant.

If Affinity Designer keep progressing, it looks like ot may be the best choice for my field. But we need to be able to treat the channels. (the other tool I'll be missing is the possibility to open the frames of a quicktime movie and treat them but I think it is beyond the goal of Affinity Designer).

Yes. I just tried and that would do. Thanks. It may even be a better solution as I see the 3 settings at the same time. The only thing is to make sure to stay linear and to start at 0 and finish at 255. But this is easy to control.

I am not sure I understand why the pixel intensity distribution histogram is different between Photoshop and Affinity Designer (see attached screen shot. Same picture analyzed).

Is it because you are considering 16 bits levels ? is it possible to show as 8 bits (it is an 8-bit image that I am processing).

These histograms are indeed useful to quickly detect min and max intensity of an image

thanks for your help and for this already impressive software,

Franck 

post-1472-0-26165400-1412927541_thumb.png

post-1472-0-75214000-1412927541_thumb.png