You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

It can't saved file as Affinity Format!

Does Affinity Designer 2 Beta have access to your Desktop folder? The first time you try to save to the Desktop or Downloads folder with a Mac app you're prompted to give it access to that folder.

146995777_Screenshot2023-03-01at9_48_28AM.png.15da56fcdc5e27bea0c8b18c85e59810.png1788136086_Screenshot2023-03-01at9_50_59AM.png.9b55df9c97ca039f4320518704e12bc5.png

If you clicked Don't Allow by accident then you'll need to go to Settings > Privacy & Security. There will be a toggle for the Desktop, Downloads, or both folders depending on where you've tried to save from Affinity Designer 2 Beta. You should set both to On. If there's only one toggle (as shown for Affinity Photo 2 Beta below) that's okay, it just means you haven't tried to save to that folder yet.

1057776488_Screenshot2023-03-01at9_51_28AM.thumb.png.ba81efb6b6f5aeb02711f70c1ee146a6.png

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

@MikeTO Yes. It has access to the desktop. I’ve been using it with no issues before. I created the character with the Beta iPad app, saved it in iCloud and went to the desktop and extracted it. I open the file with Beta desktop app and add the text, warp it and finished design. When I hit save the error came up. I try again and because the issue repeats, I recorded the video screen to shared. I ended up copying the artwork and paste it on the stable version app. Maybe is a bug importing documents made on iPad app? 

See my comics: dearmascomics.com

Heard my Radio Show: mimegaradio.com

Ask for my services: albertkinng.com

24 minutes ago, albertkinng said:

@MikeTO Yes. It has access to the desktop. I’ve been using it with no issues before. I created the character with the Beta iPad app, saved it in iCloud and went to the desktop and extracted it. I open the file with Beta desktop app and add the text, warp it and finished design. When I hit save the error came up. I try again and because the issue repeats, I recorded the video screen to shared. I ended up copying the artwork and paste it on the stable version app. Maybe is a bug importing documents made on iPad app? 

Oh sorry, I didn't realize you were saving to an existing file. In that case, it's a known bug with saving a file to iCloud. I've experienced this many times. Something with iCloud causes Affinity to lose access to iCloud files.

When it happens you need to use Save As and choose a new file name.

Cheers

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

4 hours ago, MikeTO said:

When it happens you need to use Save As and choose a new file name

It didn't work either. You can watch in the original uploaded video (min 1:50) I tried saving as a new file naming it "test" and it won't let me. Here's a screenshot of the privacy settings showing the app as well.

Albertkinng Screenshot - 03-01-2023.png

Well, I have already solved the issue of copying the contents and pasting them on a new document of Designer (not  the beta)  so, I don't have the original documents anymore. I will point out that I never use link graphics on Designer (personal preference) and in this case in particular the beaver cartoon (made in designer iPad app) was saved to iCloud as a designer file and opened in Designer Beta as a default document.Do you think it was considered a link?