You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Download Error Messages in Apple Store

Greetings, Great Creators of Affinity Photo,

I finally updated my 27" iMac to El Capitan, however Affinity Photo keeps telling me that it needs version 10.3 to download, and I keep getting "download error" messages each time I try to update the program. I bought the full version shortly after it came out and have it running on my MacBook just fine and it's been running El Capitan shortly after its release. I should be able to run this app on two computers, and don't understand the problem.

BTW, there is one other update that won't download and is giving me the same error message -- it Apple Configurator. Keeps saying it needs v 10.3 instead of the 11.3 (or whatever we are currently up to).

I love this application and am anxious to use it on my more powerful machine - the 27" iMac is an i7, 344 GHz, with 16 gb of DDR3 RAM. It should have the required specs to run this app with ease, given that my MacBook Pro is an i5 2.7 GHz (or at least that's processing speed number that pops into my head right now) It also has 16 gb of RAM.

Any suggestions on how I can go about getting my purchase to download correctly on the iMac??? 

I thought about deleting it entirely from my apps folder and trying to download it as a new purchase, however, I wanted to check here first for advice.

Thanks so much in advance!!

I am a professional photographer, having done much political event, photojournalism and other work on and around Capitol Hill in DC. I am currently disabled and am working on my fine art images that I have taken over the course of decades, and haven't seen the light of day as of yet.

Lana aka "Ms. Focused"

• Staff

Hi MsFocused,

You can try to reset the app (pressing ⌃(ctrl) while launching the app and selecting Clear from the dialog that will open) but i'm not sure it will solve this issue.

If it doesn't move Affinity Photo from the Applications folder to the trash and reinstall it from the Purchased tab on the App Store application.

Let me know if you still have trouble.