You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Morning!

I've done my first Geometric Eye - quite proud of myself since I'm not a graphic artist.

So I have all this blank white space that needs to be colored in - but they are not connected to a shape.

Is there a way that Affinity can recognize the lines around the space that I need to color in and fill without having to use a paint brush and squiggle around to fill in the space?

Your help is greatly appreciated. 

Geometric Eye.afdesign

For now - just one color because I'm just starting out. But it's every other space that needs to be filled. Not all the white space. 

But in the future, I will use different colors. 

Attached it what the outcome should look like. 

Thanks

Bill

post-26768-0-16500000-1455731945_thumb.jpg

Ahhhh  :D . Well that's kinda tricky. I'd hate to have to have you select each section individually. I'm sure there is an elegant solution. Let me think for a bit.

In the meantime... do you care if the line art is rasterized?...   and do you have Affinity Photo? 

And, can the end result use blends, or do the fills need to be individual shapes?

(not saying that's what I'd recommend atm, just getting a feel for what tools are available to you)

Okay, so if an output is all that matters, this can be done with some layer reorganization and a couple mass blending changes.

Use fills only... no strokes (certainly use them in the construction process, but then switch).

It works, but the result is highlighting some initial construction irregularities (sorry  :unsure: ). 

This would have come up trying to fill by hand anyway.....

If you have super clean "wires" the blends will be an easy solution.

I'm attaching the .afphoto with geometry as is.

(edit: in the back of my head I'm thinking this can be done with booleans too, just haven't gone down that road. That would have been a build from scratch)

post-12544-0-09476400-1455737959_thumb.png

Geometric Eye jj.afdesign

Here are the steps I used.  

Create a circle (shift-cmd constraints)

duplicate circle (cmd-j)

move copy down and align into a figure 8

shift select to select both circles

copy them (cmd j)

go to transform and set rotation to 10 degrees tab

cmd-j all the way around

I had to cmd-z the last overlap

select all the circles and make them black