You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

When will these bugs be fixed?

I still have to use version 1.10 because the following things still don't work for me:

1. When pasting from the clipboard, I only get a completely transparent image.

2. Nothing happens when calling up the NIK filter. Unfortunately, this is a no-go for me, because I use these filters frequently.

When will these bugs be fixed?

• Staff
6 hours ago, JürgenHeise said:

1. When pasting from the clipboard, I only get a completely transparent image.

Is this logged elsewhere?

6 hours ago, JürgenHeise said:

2. Nothing happens when calling up the NIK filter. Unfortunately, this is a no-go for me, because I use these filters frequently.

Which version? I've got most of the older ones and all the new ones and don't have an issue.

I have the free NIK filters, which work great in the 1st version of Affinity and are also correctly integrated. There's another post from me about this. I just hoped that this bug would be fixed by the next beta.

It would also be great if I could paste from the clipboard again. I haven't reported this yet because i thought it was known.

I don't know if you're on Windows or MacOS, but here NIK filters, old version work pretty well here, I think it's now faster than in version 1. 

Pasting works also very well, no glitch at all, be it from inside Photo or from an external app.

It must me particular to your system or setup as I can't recall having read about such problem on the forum.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

The .afphoto file you attached (if that's the one you're trying to use) has an Image layer. You probably can't use Plugin Filters against it unless you Rasterize it.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Wo ist das Problem frage ich mich, anbei ein auf die schnelle zusammengestellte Datei die Datei größe sollte nicht zu groß werden!
Hat du die Nik Filter in den richtigen Ordner importiert!
...................ner\.affinity\Photo\2.0\Plugins
Dann richtig eingegeben? Und neu gestartet?
Siehe Anhang
Where is the problem, I ask myself, attached is a file that was put together quickly, the file size should not be too large!
Did you import the Nik Filters into the right folder!
...................ner\.affinity\Photo\2.0\Plugins
Then entered correctly? And restarted?
See Appendix

Nik filter.jpg

I don't think you've said what version of the Nik filters you're trying to use.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 2 months later...
The problem with the NIK filters is solved. Thank you very much.
The problem with pasting from the clipboard still exists with the hardcopy program. However,
if I copy using the Windows logo + print key combination, it works. Hardcopy only works with
the first version of Affinity Photo.