You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Stack side by side tools windows? Can it be done?

Since I get an extra wide monitor the negative space is too much, and now I love to have my screen space completely in use, so I can have a productive and pleasing working day. Can you stack the tools windows side by side inside the app or is it just impossible right now? It will be good to have them side by side too, so I can use the main app and not having the tools floating around as I use to.

Albertkinng Screenshot - 02-23-2023.png

See my comics: dearmascomics.com

Heard my Radio Show: mimegaradio.com

Ask for my services: albertkinng.com

Hi Albert, no, that's no possible on the Mac version of Affinity. I believe the Windows version can have two columns of panels in the right studio but the Mac is limited to one column on each side. You'll have to keep your panels undocked if you want multiple columns on the right.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

26 minutes ago, MikeTO said:

that's no possible on the Mac version of Affinity

Weird, I was able to do it with Adobe products and right now with Pixelmator Pro too. Well... maybe the way the app was made doesn't let you make that option easily available. I wonder if the developers who get the feedback would work with it...

See my comics: dearmascomics.com

Heard my Radio Show: mimegaradio.com

Ask for my services: albertkinng.com

2 hours ago, MikeTO said:

Hi Albert, no, that's no possible on the Mac version of Affinity. I believe the Windows version can have two columns of panels in the right studio but the Mac is limited to one column on each side. You'll have to keep your panels undocked if you want multiple columns on the right.

That is restrictive. Separated Mode made up for this before iirc and I've always been envious of that feature.

We can flood UI with columns in Windows. There doesn't appear to be a limit, and if there is, it's beyond practical.

image.thumb.png.d3e5b0450748c8d224358aa21d775ffa.png