You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity V2 help when opening files

chunksoft

I might be missing something but I updated to most recent version and now when I open a raw file it goes straight to the develop persona as V1 "Macbook pro" I am hoping its just me doing something wrong, any help is appreciated.

the first picture below is of course before loading a file and the second is how it loads which looks just like V1 

Thanks in advance.

Screenshot 2023-02-21 at 21.41.20.png

Screenshot 2023-02-21 at 21.40.51.png

16 minutes ago, chunksoft said:

and the second is how it loads which looks just like V1 

No, it doesn't look like V1. All the Toolbar icons are different than in V1, the Tools icons are different, and the Context Toolbar has a new field ("Output") that V1 doesn't have.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

5 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

No, it doesn't look like V1. All the Toolbar icons are different than in V1, the Tools icons are different, and the Context Toolbar has a new field ("Output") that V1 doesn't have.

Yes I understand that but I used to beable to edit in raw now it wants me to develop

2 minutes ago, chunksoft said:

Yes I understand that but I used to beable to edit in raw now it wants me to develop

Everything is still the same, with respect to what you can do in the Develop Persona. 

If you didn't end up there before, it means you weren't working on a RAW file.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

Your second screenshot (from the Affinity site) is not showing a RAW image, and is in the Photo Persona. It may be showing an image that came in directly in the Photo Persona as a raster image (JPG, TIFF, PNG), or it may be showing a RAW image that first came into the Develop Persona (where you are) and was then Developed, which put it into the Photo Persona.

Both V1 and V2 operate the same in this regard. So if your V1 looked like the second screenshot, then either:

1. You were not working with a RAW image in V1; or
  2. You initially ended up in the Develop Persona (as you are now) and you clicked Develop.

-- Walt
PC:

Ok if that’s the case would you be able to tell me how I can get it back to how it was, I upgraded because I was under the assumption that I could work directly in raw and not have to develop my files, which I was sure I was doing, if that’s not the case it was pointless upgrading to V2

3 minutes ago, chunksoft said:

Ok if that’s the case would you be able to tell me how I can get it back to how it was, I upgraded because I was under the assumption that I could work directly in raw and not have to develop my files, which I was sure I was doing, if that’s not the case it was pointless upgrading to V2

I assumed I was doing this “

• Adjust RAW files and other RGB layers in the Develop personas”

was i incorrect? 

40 minutes ago, chunksoft said:

I assumed I was doing this “

• Adjust RAW files and other RGB layers in the Develop personas”

was i incorrect? 

That is a new function in V2, which V1 did not have.

You can choose to Output an Embedded or Linked RAW layer rather than a Pixel layer (that's new). Then,  after you click Develop and return to the Photo Persona, you can continue working on the file (that's in both V1 and V2).

Later, you can return to the Develop Persona, with your RAW layer selected, and also the other layers you've created active (that's also new). 

But in both V1 and V2, if you start with a RAW image you start in the Develop Persona and do some amount of work (how much is up to you) then you click Develop to get to the Photo Persona to do more work.

-- Walt
PC:

You're welcome :)

-- Walt
PC: