You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

I’m having trouble with reviewing my pattern tiles (1890 x 1890px at 150dpi).  I am getting a pale line throughout my pattern in the pattern layer and the pixels running on the edge of my tile seem to lighten automatically.  Even though the change is quite faint (as shown in the photo), it’s not suitable for printing.   My pattern tiles are 1890 x 1890px at 150 dpi and the colour of the pixels along the edge change which is becoming very frustrating.  What am I missing?

Thanks so much,

Liz Hussey

8124E786-8DF4-41B2-827B-DA552DBF777C.jpeg

Hi,

1. Add a channel mixer adjustment on top.
  2. select a alpha channel
  3. set offset to 100%

more context:

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

If you upload the actual document i can show it with that example as screen recording.

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

Hi Liz,

as your pattern has transparent areas, I’ve adjusted the workflow a bit.

1. open the file
  2. add channel mixer adjustment on top
  3. select alpha channel
  4. set alpha to about 112%. This lifts the partial alpha in the „pale line“ area so they vanish.
  5. As a side effect, the anti-aliasing of all edges changes a bit, too.
  6. to compensate, add a levels adjustment 
  7. select alpha channel
  8. move gamma slider to about 1.2. This brightens the edge area a bit.

in the video I copied the channel mixer by mistake, and deleted it. You can skip this step 😄

Edited by NotMyFault
Video deleted due to storage quota exceeded