tinyheero

SVG from R using ggplot2/svglite/cowplot

Hi,

I am generating svgs using the language R and specifically plotting using ggplot2 and outputting using the svglite graphic device

Generated a simple ggplot2 scatterplot and opening in Affinity Designer (v1.4.1) is perfect:

https://github.com/tinyheero/svglite-affinity-designer/blob/master/figures/ggplot2_test-1.svg

But when I combine multiple plots (using cowplot), the resultant svg comes out with two black boxes. The resultant svg can be found here:

https://github.com/tinyheero/svglite-affinity-designer/blob/master/figures/cowplot_test-1.svg

I've also included the .afdesign file of the cowplot svg file:

https://github.com/tinyheero/svglite-affinity-designer/blob/master/afdesign/cowplot_test-1.afdesign

Hi tinyheero,

It appears as though Affinity is not able to read the embedded stylesheet used in the SVG (where it defines objects to have no fill unless specified). Instead it treats this as having a black fill which is where you are getting the two black rectangles from. I also got the same behaviour with your ggplot2_test-1.svg file.

I'll get it reported and passed on to the developers.

Hi tinyheero,

It appears as though Affinity is not able to read the embedded stylesheet used in the SVG (where it defines objects to have no fill unless specified). Instead it treats this as having a black fill which is where you are getting the two black rectangles from. I also got the same behaviour with your ggplot2_test-1.svg file.

Ok great. Looking forward to getting this working. Thanks!

Hi tinyheero,

Has there been any updates on this issue? 

Thanks,