You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Pasting objects from different photos

Hi.

I'd like to learn how to paste objects from other photos to one photo, e.g. I've got the original photo and I'd like to copy a person from other photo and paste it to the original. Of course it has to look real (select, copy and paste is something I already can do :D ). So the object fits into the photo, shade, color, light, W&B, how it interacts with the ground it's standing on etc.

I know it's a pretty difficult so I'm not asking you to show me how to that, but is there any tutorial/course, free or paid, doesn't matter on this topic? The thing is, I don't know if this whole process has it's own name? How to even google it?

25 minutes ago, Lich555 said:

I'd like to learn how to paste objects from other photos to one photo, e.g. I've got the original photo and I'd like to copy a person from other photo and paste it to the original.

How well this works or what precisely you need to do will depend on the 2 images you have

If you go to YouTube and enter...

Photoshop a Person into a picture

You will find lots of (Photoshop) tutorials covering the basics

Affinity Photo should have no problem copying what Photoshop does

Alternatively upload the 2 images you have and someone should be able to give you specific advice as regard using APhoto directly

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

That's a very good job. One little bit of critic...

Look at the shadows beneath the guitar the bed and log stand. They're very dark. Perhaps add a dark shadow below the potted plant.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

1 minute ago, Ron P. said:

That's a very good job. One little bit of critic...

Look at the shadows beneath the guitar the bed and log stand. They're very dark. Perhaps add a dark shadow below the potted plant.

Oh yeah, good point, thanks! I just immediately thought that there's a huge light source on the right, so I've made this little soft shadow.

Don't you think that the surrounding around the pot is somehow weird?