You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Lines with arrows are expanded in PDF

abra100pro

left: Affinity canvas, right PDF in Preview – the arrows seem to become expanded (same look as when I expand stroke in AD😞image.png.da3c63e0f4a703c3b81c478cb2697003.png

Update: I found out that it had to do with Mitre 1.5 - I set it to 1 and that did the trick (1 is much better in many cases, btw.)

But I still consider it a bug.

Dear Serif

I find myself strongly remembered of my last days at Adobe – I am really not sure whether V2 is ready for productional work (though: I feel like having an answer)

I spent 16hrs on a design that I found many flaws and bugs while making – some of them I have reported, but not all. Now, I have come to export my work only to find that in a pure verctor based work some areas (the ones with warping in it) are pixelated in the EPS and PDF exports. They are not usable and I have no clue how I can send this work to the customer, now. I know that bashing around in forums is not a good solution for anything. But on the other hand I feel let down, not knowing how I can hold my deadline not to mention my time/money-ratio. Clueless...

Screenshot 2023-02-14 at 15.54.32.png

Hi @abra100pro it looks like there is some transparency in your document, and I wonder if that is causing the problem with rasterization. Have you tried different PDF settings? Perhaps you could upload a file containing some of your document (where the problem persists) so people can have a look and try to find out why the rasterization is happening.

Windows 10 Pro, I5 3.3G PC 16G RAM

Don't use layers/objects as masks.
Clip instead.

(Muss leider grad aus dem Haus, sonst würde ich es etwas genauer anschauen und erklären.)

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, abra100pro said:

I really consider this a bug and would appreciate a confirmation.

It does have a bug tag assigned, so you could click on that and see what other topics have the same tag, which might help for your confirmation: 

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/search/&tags=AFD-5520

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

4 hours ago, abra100pro said:

you refer to the grey tag bubble underneath the topic title, I guess?

Yes.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

On 3/8/2023 at 9:59 AM, abra100pro said:

Clipping a warped group leads to a warping of the clip-element itself. I think that is not the solution or did I oversee something?

I see a vector mask on a Warp Group gets warped and that does seem wrong.

However, if you clip a Warp Group, the clipping object does not get warped. See attached screenshot of clipping with an Ellipse.

215095901_clippedwarpgroup.thumb.png.2f9202732d19c8ca7dac55222b60bca6.png