You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi there,

first of all, great work indeed with Affinity Photo! I downloaded the trial version yesterday and almost instantly fell in love with it.

I was wondering if from the Fujifilm raw files there's any features available to apply the well known/beloved Fujifilm film simulations. That would really make the difference for me and for us fuji lovers. I can do this in Adobe Lightroom "camera profile" panel, as shown in the image I'm attaching. Is there any way to to this with Affinity as well? And if not, is it this feature planned for any future update?

Thanks for your help and keep on the great work!

Stefano.

post-27377-0-67451200-1455606519_thumb.png

I had a look in Lightroom. I added a fuji film preset and opened the panels.

Here's some screenshots of the settings.  

post-14034-0-00723500-1455627701_thumb.png

post-14034-0-60352000-1455627701_thumb.png

post-14034-0-15369700-1455627702_thumb.png

- Affinity Photo 2.3.0
- Affinity Designer 2.3.0
-Affinity Publisher 2.3.0

MacBook Pro 16 GB
MacOS Sonoma 14.1.2

To simply copy Lightroom or Adobe Camera Raw settings won't give the look of any given camera profile. Algorithms are ideed different between all applications, not to mention custom curves and some secret sauce under the hood.

So, no there is no chance, as far as I know, to replicate Fuji's color profiles. But LUTs would be my best guess too.

:)

Of course, I didn't mean that you could copy the settings. But it can give you a clue on where to begin.

As a work around. 

- Affinity Photo 2.3.0
- Affinity Designer 2.3.0
-Affinity Publisher 2.3.0

MacBook Pro 16 GB
MacOS Sonoma 14.1.2

@conrad2k,

yes, exporting a 3dlut produces a file that can be copied, moved, shared over the net just like any regular file.

the limit with luts is that they are not tweakable (as far as i know), so they are mostly useful when you want to export a set of adjustments to a program that cannot read .afphoto files.

however, if the goal is to share such adjustments among affinity photo users, imho it could be better to save only the adjustment layers as .afphoto files (after deleting any image and -probably- mask) and share these ones: anyone who uses them can tweak each single adjustment.

take care,

stefano

• 4 years later...

Suggesting that any user could "mimic" the Fuji film simulations with settings misses the point entirely. The simulations are the result of many many years of color technology expertise at Fuji and are far superior to anything available anywhere else. You will not be able to keep Fuji photographers as users if you don't support the film simulations. They are that important. 

• 1 year later...

To all who like me would dearly love to see the Fuji Film Simulations available in the" Develop Persona" ~ I have found a workaround or two for a way to apply the fuji film simulations. I have a fuji camera and I have installed Capture 21 Express (Free for Fuji users) You can use the excellent Capture 21 Raw file developer and then apply your desired Fuji Film Simulation (Classic Chrome for example). Then straight away Export the file as a Tiff to Affinity. You can use a menu in Capture 21 (Edit with external program and select Affinity Photo. Then I can edit as desired in Photo persona.
You can also do a similar proceedure by using the Fuji Raw Converter (Again a free software application) apply the desired Film Sim and export. Now open the saved file in Affinity Photo. There are also some LUT's available if you search on the web for Free Fuji Film Simulations try this by Stuart Sowerby https://blog.sowerby.me/fuji-film-simulation-profiles/  I have installed these LUT's and in the absence of anything else you can apply to any image in the Photo Persona. Furthermore I would be prepared to pay for a Fuji Film Sim "Add on Pack" if Affinity can manange to do a good job on these. Say 10 to 15 £ $ or Euros. But after waiting this long I won't hold my breath on this happening.

Fuji simulating LUTs have been shared in this forum

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

• 1 year later...

Take this 

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bonjour, quand je shoote en monochrome avec mon fuji gfx, en RAW, l'image s'ouvre en monochrome et aussitôt en couleur sur AFFINITY v2 : comment retrouver les simulation du boitier ? (acros, etc...)

Merci, cordialement

Henri

Bonjour , il semble que le message précédent soit mal parti : je demandais comment ouvrir des images FUJI RAW (RAF) prises en monochrome avec un FUJI GFX sur Affinity V2 car elles s'ouvre en couleur, après un passage ultra rapide en monochrome, et j'aimerai, si c'est possible, avoir le rendu que j'ai affiché sur le boitier, avec le nom de ce rendu. ( exemple : "acros filtre rouge" etc...)

Merci,

Henri