You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi

I understand style essentially is fill and stroke so if i make a style i'm pretty much saving a colour.

I know I can set up a text font size and leading and select it to be default and then when i create a new text frame I can paste without format and I think the leading and font size and color that i set as default should be applied. I am not sure if that applies across documents or not. 

It would be quite handy to set up a page with default headlines paragraphs and subheadings. 

I am not sure if its possible to take a paragraph font / leading style and apply it to another existing text frame.

maybe if i set my default go to the existing box select all cut and paste without format. 

Something I am doing which isn't working very well. 

I have an existing pdf document with the text styles I want and affinity opens it quite well sometimes changes case on me but it does create text boxes from the imported pdf file. It does use the correct font and colour for each section. sometimes that might be 3 text types/styles in a single text box.  

I am trying to take these text styles from the imported pdf file and apply the layout to my new text frames. 

It seems to use the correct font but the leading is all wrong.  E.g the original paragraph might be roughly 11 point text on 12 point leading but if I set the default from the imported text box I seem to get the right font but the font will be 11 point on 11 point leading. Not the approximately 12 point leading that I was expecting.   

Is there anyway i can recover the formatting from the imported pdf file or do I have to create something similar from scratch.

Still beating indesign it can't open a pdf file at all :) 

• Staff

Hi blackest,

Text styles will be undated in a future build of Designer and should have all the features that you need, The Designer roadmap can be found here.

In the meantime your can setup the first text frame to the settings you wish to use and then use the Synchronize Defaults and the rest of the text frames in this document will use the same settings. 

Hi blackest,

Text styles will be undated in a future build of Designer and should have all the features that you need, The Designer roadmap can be found here.

In the meantime your can setup the first text frame to the settings you wish to use and then use the Synchronize Defaults and the rest of the text frames in this document will use the same settings. 

I think part of the problem is pdf, I even had a go at it with illustrator and it wasn't pleasant.

I've developed a better technique  taking an existing text from the pdf copying the text and font size and then over laying it on the original text which finds me the leading and tracking.

By making notes I can figure out how to format my text so it fits in.  The problem with pdf is that no formating information remains as such and basically over laying a new paragraph over an original paragraph seems to be the only way to figure out that lost information.

Hopefully the text Styling will not be too long :)

cheers and thanks for your post.