You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to stop NVidia GeForce Experience interfering with V2 (Windows)

2 minutes ago, RichardMH said:

You can choose to have a studio driver or a game ready driver. You get update notifications for the one you've chosen. 

Don't know what the difference is - and I've uninstalled GeForce Experience now so I don't know what it was set to - should I have game ready drivers installed if I'm playing games?

What if I'm also doing design - I assume that's what "studio" is referring to?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff
On 2/16/2023 at 9:02 PM, awakenedbyowls said:

Don't know what the difference is - and I've uninstalled GeForce Experience now so I don't know what it was set to - should I have game ready drivers installed if I'm playing games?

What if I'm also doing design - I assume that's what "studio" is referring to?

This is taken from the Nvidia FAQ:

• If you are a gamer who prioritizes day of launch support for the latest games, patches, and DLCs, choose Game Ready Drivers.
  • If you are a content creator who prioritizes stability and quality for creative workflows including video editing, animation, photography, graphic design, and live-streaming, choose Studio Drivers.

If you're opting to download drivers manually instead of using Geforce Experience, you can define which type of driver you want to download when using the driver search page.

https://www.nvidia.com/download/index.aspx#

Regarding the Nvidia Overlay Icons appearing within the app, I believe this is related to the 'Instant Replay' Function being enabled in the 'In Game Overlay'. When I launch Designer 2 and press ALT + Z to bring up the overlay, if I turn on 'Instant Replay' these icons then overlay on top of Designer, and also stick even if I turn it off.

If you want to use Geforce Experience still instead of manual driver downloads, you can completely disable the In game Overlay by going to Settings in Geforce Experience > Uncheck In-Game Overlay and this should hopefully stop the problem.

image.png

On 2/26/2023 at 7:53 PM, awakenedbyowls said:

What for if I create two separate accounts - one of for gaming / one for studio - seems completely feasible to me ?

That might work but I don’t know what the latest workarounds and band aids are on Windows. My work around is to only use my Windows PC for Call of Duty and other games and use my Mac Mini and iPad for design work, not that I do that much now since I am retired now. 

My dad always told me, a bad workman always blames their tools….

Just waiting for Ronny Pickering…..

Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on macOS Sonoma 14 on M1 Mac Mini 16GB 1TB
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on Windows 10 Pro. Deceased
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 2.4 on M1 iPad Pro 11” on iPadOS 17.4 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityForiPad

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityPhoto/

The hardest link to find https://affinity.help

42 minutes ago, Paul Mudditt said:

That might work but I don’t know what the latest workarounds and band aids are on Windows. My work around is to only use my Windows PC for Call of Duty and other games and use my Mac Mini and iPad for design work, not that I do that much now since I am retired now. 

Don’t know why I need workarounds or band aids - just a simple case of creating two setups for different uses - unless you can only install one set of drivers? I can look into this later when I’m back on PC and iPad - the full set up 

Like @NathanC I too run the Game Drivers and GeForce Experience, without seeing these icons or seeming to suffer any obvious problems!  And I do a lot of video editing!  I use the Game Drivers because they are what the manufacturer of my video editing software actually recommend, rather than the Studio Drivers!

I strongly suspect you are correct in thinking you cannot install BOTH versions of the NVidia drivers, even under different accounts.  My understanding is that elements like (graphics) drivers are installed as "core" components of a Windows system and thus are not associated with any one user account.

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

6 minutes ago, emmrecs01 said:

Like @NathanC I too run the Game Drivers and GeForce Experience, without seeing these icons or seeming to suffer any obvious problems!  And I do a lot of video editing!  I use the Game Drivers because they are what the manufacturer of my video editing software actually recommend, rather than the Studio Drivers!

I strongly suspect you are correct in thinking you cannot install BOTH versions of the NVidia drivers, even under different accounts.  My understanding is that elements like (graphics) drivers are installed as "core" components of a Windows system and thus are not associated with any one user account.

Copy that - I’ll stick with game drivers - which is I suspect what I already have installed

Looks like the unwanted icons are something to do with the camera/screenshot function