You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Using resources manager to relink files puts them all in wrong order

Girlvsworld

So obviously I am choosing the wrong image to relink, but how am I to know which image? This is after the pop up when opening a file. I have to relink every individual file without knowing which one I’m relinking and they’re all in the same folder. Not even sure why my images needed to be relinked as they were not moved. Frankly the resources manager is terrible. 

• Staff

Hi @Girlvsworld,

Thanks for your report & sorry to hear you're having trouble!

On 2/11/2023 at 7:14 PM, Girlvsworld said:

but how am I to know which image?

When I follow the same steps in your recording in my file here, at the top of the 'Files' dialog is a 'toast' - indicating which file needs to be relinked:

image.png

I can see this is not present for you, which appears to be a bug - can you please confirm for me, what version of iOS are you running and on what iPad model?

On 2/11/2023 at 7:17 PM, Girlvsworld said:

Also, relinking greys out my folder and doesn’t let me relink individually 

When relinking from the Resource Manager, the app is looking to select the folder that the placed files are stored in, rather than specific placed files - this is done such that any linked files in the same folder are relinked automatically, without having to manually select each resource.

Selecting 'Open' in the top right of the Files dialog shown in your screenshot will relink any resources in this TIF folder found in your document.

I hope this clears things up!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff
13 hours ago, Girlvsworld said:

I am using the beta version of Publisher

I can confirm that (previous to 10am this morning) the latest beta would have been v2.0.3, which is behind the retail release of 2.0.4.

Can you please update your retail version through the iPad app store to 2.0.4 and let me know if this issue is resolved here?

If you wish to use the latest beta for Affinity iPad, we've since released beta 2.1, which you can find more information regarding here- 

I hope this helps!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!