You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

LUT export/import do not work properly

Mariusz_F

macOS Ventura v.13.2
Hardware acceleration ON
Problem description:

After exporting LUT and then importing it back o the image, the image outlook is not the same, eg. very low contrast.

Size of the LUT do not influence the result.

The same problem appear in Affinity Photo V1.

Zrzut ekranu 2023-02-11 o 14.43.53.png

Zrzut ekranu 2023-02-11 o 14.43.59.png

15 minutes ago, Mariusz_F said:

After exporting LUT and then importing it back o the image

Can you explain your workflow a but more, please?

How did you get a LUT to export?

If it was already in the image, then wouldn't adding it a second time have to change the results?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Workflow is typical I think:

1. I make adjustment to the image eg. white balance, curves, etc.

2. I export the LUT

3. I open the same original image, with no adjustments

4. I import LUT what was exported in step 2.

And the final result is like on the images attached, that the new image has a different look, no contrast, etc.

Thanks. The two images you've included look almost identical to me. Perhaps you could provide the original .afphoto file including the adjustment layers, the .cube file you exported (and a screenshot of that export dialog), and the new .afphoto with the LUT applied?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

Hi @Mariusz_F,

Thanks for your report!

I can confirm this issue is logged with our developers as a bug, I will be sure to 'bump' this with our team now to bring it to their attention once again.

I hope this helps :)

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi @RalphMara,

Welcome to the Affinity Forums :)

Unfortunately this issue is still logged with our development team to be resolved at this time - I will be sure to 'bump' this with your post for you now.

I hope this clears things up!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Thanks for letting me know @Thomasdelange and I'm certainly sorry to hear this - I will be sure to 'bump' this with our team to bring it to their attention once more, and include the information above.

I hope this helps!

• 2 months later...
  • Staff

The issue "LUT does not apply the same effect after it has been exported" (REF: AFP-4767) has been fixed by the developers in build "2.1.0.1806".

This fix is in the current customer release.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us

• 1 month later...

@Serif Info Bot I've encountered this bug when editing in a 32 bit workflow. Confirm it has been fixed for 16 bit but it still exists for 32 bit. Here's a video I recorded

Using latest version Affinity Photo v2.1.1.1847

2021 14" M1 Pro Macbook Pro, 16GB RAM

Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Current Beta versions.

• Staff

Many thanks for updating us here @Maxdanger, I can confirm that I'm seeing the same behaviour and I have therefore reopened the issue with the development team.

2 minutes ago, Dan C said:

Many thanks for updating us here @Maxdanger, I can confirm that I'm seeing the same behaviour and I have therefore reopened the issue with the development team.

Awesome - cheers for the quick reply around Dan :) 

2021 14" M1 Pro Macbook Pro, 16GB RAM

Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Current Beta versions.