You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

added filters not working

Hi, 

Am a newbie here though I've had the software since 2020. Just moved here from Photoshop..so am setting up Affinity and learning at the same time. Please bear with my stupidity for a few questions. 

I had to reset my surface pro..so lost my photoshop plugins etc. I reinstalled the trial version, and copy pasted the plugins which also included filters in a separate folder.  I deleted photoshop. I tried adding the plugins through the preferences- photoshop plugins bit..but couldn't see any plugins when I clicked the add button..and tryign to . folders were empty. So I think I dragged and dropped them in that detected plugin box (where the add button is). All unknown plugins to be used checked.  I restarted Affinity..all really excited that I could finally use my favourite plugin which I use. I opened a tiff file, rasterised one of the layers so that it was a pixel file, then opened the filter menu,. The smart bllur filter showed.. whoopie.. but when I clicked on that..the dialogue box that showed up in photoshop did not show up here. (bummer). Is there something I have done wrong? I have tried the other filters that I added too..nothing..nopes..nada..no dialogue boxes pops up..nothing. 

Help! I really am a bit lost coz I haven't worked on an art piece..thanks to several disasters..I need to get back to doing some form of art. 

Am really sorry for any tother, 

Edited by oceanlaughter
accidently pressed a button

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Our plugins support is designed to be as generic as possible so more PS plugins can e used with our apps. However some plugins are only written with PS in mind, it's worth checking with the plugin manufacturer to see if they have officially listed Affinity Photo as being supported by their plugin. Most times a plugin that isn't working, just needs to be reinstalled. Some do required a uninstall and reinstall to get them to correctly identify in our apps. Others may need the image to a certain colour type] or profile such as 8 or 16bit and RGB only.