You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Long press geometry operation to create compound on iPad

• Staff

Apps: All
Platforms: iPad

Having moved the geometry operations to the new drop down menu in V2, we lost the functionality of long pressing any of them to apply the operation as a compound (sorry!) This functionality is now back in 2.1.

Managing Director

Help make our apps better by joining our beta program!

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021) / Apple M1 Max / 64GB / macOS 12.0.1

iPad Pro 11-inch 3rd Gen / iPadOS 16.2

• 1 month later...

I just tried this out and heres my issue. There needs to be an indicator that happens when a compound has been created. If you tap add under geometry the word add and the whole rectangle button its in will flash a gray color indicating that you have tapped it to do an add geometry. So now youve created an add geometry but with compound its the same indicator as add geometry. The add rectangle button flashes a gray color. I think there needs to be a different indicator so that the two arent similar. I dont know what kind of indicator though. 

I hope i make sense. When you do a geometry the geometry word button gets highlighted once indicating that a geometry has been performed. Maybe with compound you could do a double highlight to indicate a compound has been performed?  

Geometry: Tap, Highlight

Compound: Long Press, Double Highlight

• Staff
10 hours ago, MoonaticDestiny said:

How do you reverse a compound? Like, undo it without undoing it. Without the undo gesture. Is there a way to delete the compound to get your shapes back? And how can I change my compound? Theres got to be a compound button that i can press that will allow me to change it to the other geometries. 

Release compound is available from the Group menu on the layers panel on iPad (it's the last option). You can also create a compound from that same menu (will create as "Add") without using the geometry long press.

You can change the geometry option from the more option on layers (the three dot menu) and it's at the bottom. We know this is not ideal and are looking for a better way to do this.

Managing Director

Help make our apps better by joining our beta program!

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021) / Apple M1 Max / 64GB / macOS 12.0.1

iPad Pro 11-inch 3rd Gen / iPadOS 16.2