You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Text Wrap and Styles going crazy after document is saved and opened again

Please see in the video attahced how the settings for the Text Wrap initialy fail to accomodate the text accordingly. 

Then you will see how I set the Text Wrap around 3 objects with the text follwoing.

HOWEVER!, please notice that after saving (saving the file took ages, consuming GPU and not disk time) when I reopen the file the text does not follow the Text Wrap configuration. 

Then when I delete teh text wrap the text is back.

Clearly the app can not save the Text Wrap configuration. 

Also, I noticed that the same happens with the styles!!!!!

:( 

Edited by JosueVivas
typo

@JosueVivas

Check the Flow options in your Paragraph Styles. Especially Keep together and Keep with next/previous. Set them to off.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

2 hours ago, Old Bruce said:

Check the Flow options in your Paragraph Styles. Especially Keep together and Keep with next/previous. Set them to off.

Yeah, I checked that one as well. Flow between Text frames is under control for sure. Thank you @Old Bruce for making me check anyways, I want ot cover all angles to be honest. :) 

• 4 weeks later...

Hey @Lee D

There is something else you guys should have a look in the document I uploaded: it has a weird behevour with styles in the TOC. 

Please notice the "Examples Numbering" Style and if you update the TOC the Items with this style do not show the dots that connect tot he page numberonly a few items are displayed correcly in teh TOC

image.thumb.png.f91342846e4e61fc05b031f36a2dda03.png

Also, the "Examples" in the titles per page update when I move pages. but sometimes they don't udpate. The intention is to move pages and automatically upodate the page title number.

I have a theory: the "Examples "n":" is updated in the order they were created, so you can have "Example 25" showing "Example 2" for a few seconds to then update to "Example 25" a few seconds after opeing the document. I guess the code goes in the order the variables were created and not the order in the pages and this somehow affects the TOC.

I used that "Heading" style to overcome the lack of autromatic references as you have MS Word.

Right now, I'm manually appliying a style to the TOC to overcome the lack of dots conneting the title with the page in the TOC .