You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Transparency tool and table

1 hour ago, Steve_1010 said:

It's worked countless times in the past

Do you have one of those documents/tables you can upload to the forum?

For comparison

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Hi Carl,

That file I included is just a copy and paste from the file I originally used (it was just too big to include). Here's an example of what I did yesterday with the same table. There is no '4' in this file as I was trying to eliminate excess to find the problem. 

smart check score.png

22 minutes ago, Steve_1010 said:

Here's an example of what I did yesterday with the same table.

Hi Steve

We need a copy of a previous Affinity document (i.e. the .afpub document, not a screenshot or jpg/png file) where the table has the transparency correctly applied to it.

Any old document will do, it does not have to be the one you are working on now

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

1 hour ago, Steve_1010 said:

Hi Carl, 

Got it, Cheers.

Here is the file that worked at one point. But it started not working. I think it might be the grouping situation. 

Thanks, yes it looks like previously you may have been applying transparency to a group your table was in rather than directly to the table itself

In the future if you only have a table, you can just group it by itself and apply transparency to the group and that should provide the effect you want

Thanks to everyone's help, I've been able to apply the transparency tool to the table (which needs to be grouped). Cheers for that.

My problem I'm encountering when I export this file is that it's not following the PNG format I was expecting. The background which I would expect to be completely transparent is one white rectangle (as seen in the fa.png attachment)

The checkmarkgradient.png attachment is what I was expecting (I am not sure how I successfully achieved it in the second attachment).

I've tried a variety of approaches, e.g., export "Selection Area" and "Selection Only", but I've had no luck in reproducing this effect. 

Any suggestions how to make the white areas completely transparent? 

fa.png

check mark gradient.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/7/2023 at 10:52 AM, anto said:

You can use also FX Gradient Overlay

Thanks for the help. I want to know how to use FX Gradient Overlay and thanks to you for sharing that video with us which helped me a lot. I am glad I also found https://www.facebook.com/edussoncom/ website where I found reviews for Edusson. I am thinking about hiring an essay writer and after this research, I was start looking for an essay writer with reviews but now I don't have to search for it online because I already found Edusson.

Thanks for the video. :)

Edited by DennisFaulkner