You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity programs installed as ejectable disks on MAC?

Are the Affinity 2 programs supposed to install as ejectable disks? There is nothing for these versions in my Apps folder. Every time I open a program it treats it like I just plugged in a removable drive/flash drive. My computer performs a scan and asks me to verify that it is from a trusted source.

I have no idea why it is like this. Is it supposed to be? I tried to uninstall the programs and reinstall them but I cannot find the files anywhere on my computer. A search keeps telling me the program files are in my Apps folder but they're not. The search window shows a folder for each program but each folder has just 3 tiny files inside. Once I open the folder I cannot open open it again. The icon become greyed out and I have to a fresh search in a new window.

This seems very strange. It didn't bother me a first but it's becoming annoying to go through the additional time and steps every time I open a program. I would much rather these programs worked like a traditional App. How can I change this? 

Just FYI, I do not have any removable drives/flash drives attached to this computer. Nor have I ever used one. I checked. The files associated with the Affinity Apps are not on my Apple Cloud drive either.

Screen Shot 2023-02-06 at 10.16.57 AM.png

Hello @Heather17

Those are going to be the DMG files expanded to be 'virtual' Disks. DMG is the file type for a " Disk Image ". If you look in the 'disk' then you'll most likely see the Application and an alias to your Applications folder. Once you drag the Application to the alias the Application is copied to your Applications Folder and then you can eject the 'disk' and delete the DMG file, you won't need it again unless you want to reinstall the application. 

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.