You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Text not printing.Also the darker the text,the paler it prints.

It would help to have screenshots, and to know exactly what you're doing to make it darker, and to have a sample document.

For a guess for your first question: You have a CMYK document. CMYK is a subtractive color process, vs RGB which is additive. That means that some kinds of adjustments work backward to what you'd expect from experience with RGB.

I can't even begin to guess about the second one.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

I did not manage to get screenshots but I took photos.You can see the text of the screen and how it prints 

The kiiiiiiuuuu while almost black on screen and as adjusted by the sliders of the box positioned on top to the left of " font .size..B..U .." printed especially pale.The kiiiiii and the uuu are different fonts. Both of these "kkiii...." text boxes are on top as a layer Yes I have the documents as cmyk. How can I share with you the document?

IMG20230206150949.jpg

IMG_20230206_145227.jpg

IMG20230205222201.jpg

1 hour ago, Geokap said:

How can I share with you the document?

Save it as a native Affinity document (.afpub), and attach it to a post here. (That's if you're willing to share it publicly. If not, you'll need to wait for a Moderator to provide a private upload link. Or you could create a sample document that shows the problem that you can share.)

As you have a CMYK document, it's a bit puzzling that you're using the Color panel in RGB mode. You should perhaps switch it to CMYK using the pulldown where it says RGB Sliders.

Also, please do a web search for how to take screenshots using your OS. That's much better than using a camera :) 

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

Thats it. I used the cmyk sliders and the numbers next to "AR" are the color values.K100 is only k=100 the other 3 colors zero.Te others are all 50 ,30 or 100.

Some are text boxes ,some artistic text.The letters with all colors 100 did not print at all.The AR100  though looking very dark on screen printed like all colours are 50.

trestprintforsharing.jpg

Screenshot (7).png

STRANGE.afpub

You could try a new file with blocks of colors and then export it to cmjk eps and then open it back and inspect the colors.

That way you'll know if the problem comes from the file or from the printer…

To me sounds more like a printer problem to fix, maybe in eco mode ?

Does the printer has cmjk cartridges ?

MacBook Pro 16 pouces (3456 × 2234), 2021 / Apple M1 Pro / 16 Go / macOS Ventura Version 13.4.1 (22F82)
+ 31,5 pouces (2560 × 1440) + 27 pouces (1080 × 1920) + iPad (8th generation) / iPadOS 17.2 + Apple Pencil + 

Macmini6,2 Quad-Core Intel Core i7 16 Go / macOS Catalina version 10.15.7 (19H2026)
MacBookAir6,2 Intel Core i5 double cœur 4 Go / macOS Big Sur version 11.7.7 (20G1345)

Licence Universelle Affinity V2 updated to 2.3.0

55 minutes ago, Geokap said:

So is there an affinity official support stuff to help?

Yes, but they are still very busy after the V2 launch, as the orange bar at the top of the page states. They will be here at some point.

-- Walt
PC:

1 hour ago, Geokap said:

I guess you are just a regular forum member?

Posts from Serif staff are clearly marked. If you're on a desktop browser or tablet browser with a large enough browser window, you would see, for example:

image.png.5008dda08761bc662d0dfec060e4cce9.png on the upper left corner of the post. And image.png.1cfa75e1b76da90e7527ad921a4d04ae.pngon the upper right corner.

If you're using a phone or a browser window that's too narrow, on the upper left corner the username would be in red. I think the Moderators notation is still on the upper right corner.

-- Walt
PC:

3 hours ago, Geokap said:

The colours print opposite of what they are supposed to ...etc 

Your sample document above (Strange.afpub) looks and prints fine for me. What kind of printer are you using? Many (most?) home printers for Windows want RGB data, not CMYK data.

As you're on Windows, the Affinity apps will be converting to RGB before printing, but I don't think that would explain anything.

On 2/6/2023 at 11:23 AM, Geokap said:

The letters with all colors 100 did not print at all.The AR100  though looking very dark on screen printed like all colours are 50.

That sounds like potentially a printer problem, though I suppose it is possible there is some error in the conversion process.

On 2/6/2023 at 8:59 AM, Geokap said:

I tried that,to export as pdf print  and try printing.It prints blank pages.Nothing at all.

Do you mean that:

1. You exported a PDF, and printed it; or
  2. You printed with a "print to PDF" setting?

If you didn't try #1 you should. If you try it, and the PDF views OK but prints incorrectly when you use a PDF viewer such as Acrobat Reader, then that's more evidence that you have a printer problem.

-- Walt
PC:

1 hour ago, Geokap said:

I hope they take a look very soon because I am starting to dislike this product.

I also printed your page on VersaLink C400 Xerox Laser Printer and it prints fine.

So the product is just fine. I think you should check your printer.

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

On 2/8/2023 at 6:08 PM, walt.farrell said:

Your sample document above (Strange.afpub) looks and prints fine for me. What kind of printer are you using? Many (most?) home printers for Windows want RGB data, not CMYK data.

As you're on Windows, the Affinity apps will be converting to RGB before printing, but I don't think that would explain anything.

That sounds like potentially a printer problem, though I suppose it is possible there is some error in the conversion process.

Do you mean that:

1. You exported a PDF, and printed it; or
  2. You printed with a "print to PDF" setting?

If you didn't try #1 you should. If you try it, and the PDF views OK but prints incorrectly when you use a PDF viewer such as Acrobat Reader, then that's more evidence that you have a printer problem.

Thank you for your input.

I exported as ...PDF PRINT........ and printed it.

I am glad it printed fine with you but just to make it just a bit more sure,are you certain it printed as iot looked on the screen in the photos?

In the photos, the screen has text of varying intensity but in the paper held beside the screen, not only is the intensity not matching the corresponding of the screen text ,but some text does not print at all.

Thank you.

47 minutes ago, Geokap said:

I exported as ...PDF PRINT........ and printed it.

Does the PDF look right to you when you view it with Acrobat Reader, or another viewer? Which viewer did you use and print from?

If so, and if it it prints incorrectly from the viewer, that should indicate a printer error. Or at least something that is not an Affinity problem.

-- Walt
PC:

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Lee,good to know all lines printed out as shown on screen,with their variation of intensity.So it's my printer fault.Relieved to know. Now that you are here, a question.I want to export a file for publishing .It is said I must flatten all the files , transparencies etc. How do I do that? Exporting as pdf press ready takes care of that? Regarding book covers,do I need to resterize everything?(jpg,PNG).