You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity photo (purchased 2021) compatibility with Mac OS Ventura?

Hi @vicbru and welcome to the forums. There were a couple of compatibility issues prior to 1.10.6 but that update fixed those issues, and the same issues aren't present in version 2. Affinity isn't fully compatible with the Stage Manager feature of Ventura but that's a minor issue.

Cheers

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

• 1 year later...

I am running Mac OS Ventura. I have experienced issues with the latest version of Publisher 2.4.2. I could not select picture frames or images or transform either. When I selected a page from the side panel it did not appear in the main window. When I reinstalled the original software v2.3.0, the problems disappeared. When I upgraded again  to v2.4.2 the problem reoccurred. Anybody know of such issues. I've wasted a whole day trying to resolve this.  My system: Mac mini M2 Pro, Mac OS Ventura and now only Affinity Publisher 2.3.0. Anybody from Affinity care to comment?  

4 hours ago, Martin A said:

I am running Mac OS Ventura. I have experienced issues with the latest version of Publisher 2.4.2. I could not select picture frames or images or transform either. When I selected a page from the side panel it did not appear in the main window. When I reinstalled the original software v2.3.0, the problems disappeared. When I upgraded again  to v2.4.2 the problem reoccurred. Anybody know of such issues. I've wasted a whole day trying to resolve this.  My system: Mac mini M2 Pro, Mac OS Ventura and now only Affinity Publisher 2.3.0. Anybody from Affinity care to comment?  

Hi and welcome to the forums. I think there is a somewhat rare bug in being able to select something that hasn't been figured out yet. When it happens to me I just change tools and click on the page background and then all is fine. If this isn't what is happening to you, could you share a screen recording of the issue.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

Thanks Mike

I tried all sorts of workarounds to no avail. Fortunately I still had v2.3.0 download so could back track. v2.3.0 works fine so far. I've had to downgrade Photo & Designer too as Publisher seemed to detect that they were different versions.

Maybe Affinity have been concentrating too much recently on the Canva buyout. I hope Canva keep to their pledges. I remember when Trimble bought Sketchup with similar 'nothing will change' assurances. It wasn't long before they worked to get their outlay back by severely limiting the free version and then moving to a subscription-only model. Like many users, I am an Adobe refugee who has been washed up on the Affinity shores. Let's hope Canva do not go on to create a hostile environment for what are excellent products. If you're not based in the UK you won't get the joke.