You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AD 2 crashes

I just had a set of crashes in Designer 2.  On a drawing I had been working on for several hours yesterday.  Today I had just finished positioning several smooth nodes to form a snake like line just in from the outside edge of the drawing.  Then using the pen tool I created a rectangle just inside that snake.  Finally I did a copy paste of that rectangle and using the node tool moved the nodes snapping them to the document's four corners.  When I snapped the node in the bottom right corner suddenly AD was gone/crashed.  FYI this was the third of the four node moved. Crash 2-5-23.txt

I reopened the document selecting the autosaved version.  Luckily it had autosaved all except the last half dozen node moves on the snake.  Then I repeated the above sequence.  When I snapped the bottom right node on the corner again AD was gone. Crash 2-5-23 2.txt

For the third attempt I did the same as above but performed a manual save after each step.  No crash.

I am hoping this info will help lead you to the cause of the crashes.  I had been working for about 2-1/2 hours this morning before the first crash.  Thank you.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi Gear Maker,

If possible could you create a screen recording demonstrating how to reproduce this crash or provide an affinity project file with simple steps that can be followed to help me reproduce this?

Thanks
C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.