You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

'Cinematic Look' Tutorials

Although I am more used to shooting with longer lenses, I bought a 24mm in an attempt to spur some creativity by forcing myself to use a prime with an unfamiliar FOV (an idea I read about somewhere). I’ve only been out with it once so far, but I think it actually may turn out that it does help improve my skills.

When editing the shots taken with my new wider view I decided to go all the way and edit them even wider in a more ‘cinematic’ fashion. I could readily see that I was in over my head and in need of some help. YouTube has a lot to offer for the many Adobe adherents but I found nothing for Affinity Photo users.

So, I am hoping (read: “humbly requesting” or “pleading”) that those here with talent in such editing could find the time and energy to create a tutorial of this type for those of us who lack that talent. Please.

Here is a .jpg from one of my RAW shots and the little that I was able to accomplish so far with Affinity Photo and a bit of trial and error (still a WIP):

post-15796-0-12979100-1455470814_thumb.jpg

post-15796-0-87670100-1455638475_thumb.jpg