You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Context toolbar left studio not displayed

I have been working with Affinity Designer 2 .04 and the left studio and context  toolbar are not displayed. I tried "Reset Studio", restarting Affinity Designer, and clicking "Show Left Studio." Right Studio works fine. How do I get both the Context Toolbar and Left Studio to work again.

Up date - I found the the Show Context Toolbar and Show Toolbar in the View menu. However I still can not get the Left Studio.

]

Edited by 1earJim
My error and not knowing the software yet

28 minutes ago, 1earJim said:

I have been working with Affinity Designer 2 .04 and the left studio and context  toolbar are not displayed. I tried "Reset Studio", restarting Affinity Designer, and clicking "Show Left Studio." Right Studio works fine. How do I get both the Context Toolbar and Left Studio to work again.

Try the TAB key if Window-Studio-Reset Studio did not work.

My dad always told me, a bad workman always blames their tools….

Just waiting for Ronny Pickering…..

Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on macOS Sonoma 14 on M1 Mac Mini 16GB 1TB
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on Windows 10 Pro. Deceased
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 2.4 on M1 iPad Pro 11” on iPadOS 17.4 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityForiPad

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityPhoto/

The hardest link to find https://affinity.help

Hi Jim. First I would save the current studio setup as a preset before doing anything so that you can re-load what you have now. To do that, choose Window > Studio > Add Preset.

Then try Window > Studio > Reset Studio. If that doesn't work, quit and then hold down Ctrl while re-starting the application. Then select just the Reset Studio checkbox from the Clear User Data window and click the Clear button. If neither of these work you can at least return to your saved studio preset.

Cheers

831479251_Screenshot2023-02-04at5_16_32PM.thumb.png.1e4c85a07210fb89fab547e194c1f27e.png

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

@1earJim, does anything happen if you choose Assets from the Window menu?

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2402) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2402) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2402)

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse

3 hours ago, 1earJim said:

When I clicked assets I saw the asset panel, but no left Studio

So what do you think the Left Studio consists of? The Tools Panel which is not the Tool Bar, is not part of the Left Studio. It's permanent down the left side until you Float it, or Float all, and undock it from there. The Context Toolbar, is dependent on the Tool selected and being used.

The Assets Panel, Brushes Panel, or any other Panel that you place, dock, on the Left Side, make up the Left Studio.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD