You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Win 10: Icons of the apps´ shortcuts have intransparent corners

I tested this, and noticed it. I don't use a solid color background, or a gradient color. I use pictures for my desktop backgrounds. Furthermore, this is not easily seen. I have to get real close to my monitors to see it. Also I don't sit and look at my monitor backgrounds when at my PC, I'm seeing the programs/apps. Oh, most of the time I have my settings View>Show Desktop Icons, disabled.

Question is do they function as shortcuts like they should?

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

Seems to only be an issue with the MSIX version. The "white" might actually be the OS color setting (in my case, bright green). The App version has the colored background like the top right of the search results, just as an example.

My desktop icons are usually disabled as well. I launch everything through taskbar and Windows Search.

Windows 10 Search:

MSIX Version

image.png.85cf7422a16ba1539c585d3c1e638118.png

MSI version
image.png.da5e731fb59b8d59377616878d04d058.png

4 hours ago, Klobrillenmann said:

On my Win 10 with an all black desktop background the icons of the shortcuts I placed have intransparent white corners.

Does it matter, as long as the shortcuts work?

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad