You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Huion 1060 pro/plus and Affinity

Looking to buy a drawing tablet. (First one not too expensive, just to fiddle around a bit, this one is 70€) Many positive reviews, but I sometimes read about problems with drivers. I can't find much about this about this product working with Affinity.

Anyone got experience with this product and Affinity?

• 4 months later...

Anyone else have any recommendations on a good 'starter' graphic tablet?  Sorry to bump up an older post.

Cheers!

My wife and I both use this tablet and are pleased with it. Work ok with AD beta for windows.  Don't install the driver from the disc go to the Huion site and download the latest version. John

AMD Ryzen 7 5800 X. Nvidia GeForce RTX3060 64Gb Ram
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for Windows • Windows 11 (23H2 build 22631 3447) Home
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for iPad Pro 10.5  • iPad OS 17.3.1

My wife and I both use this tablet and are pleased with it. Work ok with AD beta for windows.  Don't install the driver from the disc go to the Huion site and download the latest version. John

Thanks pioneer!  Sounds like a viable option for sure.

Hi redcup,

Have you checked the Wacom Intuos line of pen tablets (not the Intuos Pro). They are popular and widely supported.

Thanks MEB!  Definitely not a bad price point on their 'opening' level Intuos tablets.  I was just drawn towards the Huion tablets due to the fact it looks like you can get a more advanced tablet for the same price as a basic Wacom.  Then again Wacom seems more to be the standard in graphic tablets. 

Cheers, thanks!

I use a Wacom Intuos small pen tablet that I bought a few years ago. Model CTL-480. It has always worked flawlessly. At first I found it difficult to use because it's very different from a mouse, but I persevered and can now use it quite well. It's very good for freehand sketching, drawing and painting.

• 10 months later...
Hi,

I'm thinking of buy the "Huion pro 1060 pro/plus" ...Low price and lots of good comments about it!

I would like some info from who already use this draw tab.

First of all if it is fully compatible with AD and AP?

I heard about some driver issues on win 10. Someone could tell me  more about this?

Any other tips, or info will be really appreciated.

Thanks!

• Staff

I use the 1060 at home, and it is great for the money.

SerifLabs team - Affinity Developer
  • Software engineer  -  Photographer  -  Guitarist  -  Philosopher
  • iMac 27" Retina 5K (Late 2015), 4.0GHz i7, AMD Radeon R9 M395
  • MacBook (Early 2015), 1.3GHz Core M, Intel HD 5300
  • iPad Pro 10.5", 256GB

• 2 years later...

Sorry for using old thread, but I would like to know how Affinity Designer and Photo  1.7 work with Huion 1060p. I am looking for begginer's tablet, and I want to know if there is any good alternative to this for me right now in 2019.

1 hour ago, Bobi said:

Sorry for using old thread, but I would like to know how Affinity Designer and Photo  1.7 work with Huion 1060p. I am looking for begginer's tablet, and I want to know if there is any good alternative to this for me right now in 2019. 

Hello @Bobi,
I am using a HUION NEW 1060 PLUS (8192), the tablet works fine, in all affinity applications, as well in other graphics programs eg Photoshop.

There are others also favorable graphics tablets, those with Affinty applications well working. Search at aunt google.

Cheers

Affinity Photo 2.4:         Affinity Photo 1.10.6: 

Affinity Designer 2.4:    Affinity Designer 1.10.6:

Affinity Publisher 2.4:   Affinity Publisher 1.10.6:    

Windows 11 Pro  (Version 23H2 Build (22631.3447)

@Bobi and @Gnobelix

I'm using this too, and have had great support from Huion, and it works well (except I haven't found out yet how to apply the tilt to any functions, but that's not important for photo editing, IMHO). The build quality was superb, the feature list is mind-blowing, and while Wacoms tend to be more broadly tested from developers (I have had 3 in the past, all bought as new) and after a while they just stop fully working. I wasn't feeling the love, and didn't enjoy repeatedly paying a premium price for something that always works very well until the day it doesn't (with no warning). I took a gamble on Huion, and it's only been about 8-9 months, but the construction and materials are quite high, with far greater functionality than anything in the price niche from Wacom.

The drivers are definitely not as intuitive or have as clean or elegant or modern a user experience as Wacom, but they work, and you can master them if you invest a bit of time and checking other tutorials (lots on these models). They are gathering momentum in the marketplace, and again, the support is almost a white glove experience (other vendors take note).

The second downside is that (this is from memory, so this might be off a little): there was a Huion 1060 II model, and a 1060 PLUS NEW model, and a 1060 II Plus model, and I had carelessly grabbed the wrong driver from their site and only had about 10% functionality. The different (but similarly named) models hardly have any overlapping support, so you need to be super careful about getting the exactly-named drivers (flip over the tablet to read the tiny model name). Maybe it's due to a right-left language or something in the translation, but it seemed to me, to be terribly easy to make that mistake, but once pointed out and having installed the correct driver, all was good. My prediction is that they are going to eat a lot of Wacom's marketshare, who have (IMHO) been sitting on their hands counting revenues for too long. All the power to Huion, even if the result is just to get Wacom to properly respond to their user base. I receive no direct or indirect benefit from this commentary, from either Wacom or Huion.