You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Need help with wahsed out images in Publisher 2

I started an Affinity Publisher 2 document and just copied and pasted my images (work not saved) from Affinity Photo 2.
They look very washed out.
Doing some research the problem appears to be something with "color profile"?  I don't really understand that, but my question being, is my Publisher document ruined, and I now need to start form scratch?  Or is there something I can change in Publisher to save my faded images?

I loaded up Photo and see the color format is RGB/8,  and color profile is sRGBIEC61966-2.1
The Publisher document is  color format :CYMK/8
Color Profile: U.S. Web Coated (SWOP) v2

But I never saved the original pictures.  I just copied them from Photo and pasted the into a new Publisher document.
I am a noob when it comes to publishing so any help is greatly appreciated.

@MikeTO
So from your question I made a new Publisher file with the same RGB selections as my Photo pictures were.  Then copied the pictures over from the faded to the new Publisher file and it look so much better.
If there is a better way then please let m know.  But your question really helped me a lot.

How will you be printing your Publisher document? If it's going to a professional printer then you'll almost certainly want to make it CMYK. If it's going to a desktop printer then it depends on which inks or toner your printer uses. Check with your printer's website for more information or check your printer's specs.

The images should match the document's colour profile for best results.

I'm very rusty at this so somebody else can probably offer better advice.

Cheers

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)