You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher 1.10, Document only exports to PDF as an image

I have worked on a short book in Affinity publisher, and when I export it as a PDF, it exports as text. I.E., in the PDF, one can highlight and select the text.

I recently updated my resume, and downloaded a template to alter for my new resume. However, when I export, it exports only as an image. There's no selectable text, when I right click in Adobe Read, I can 'copy image.' This means that my PDF isn't readable by websites when I upload it. I've tried exported as PDF for digital, print, and export. I've even tried printing it with Microsoft Print to PDF. Same outcome every time.

Is there some kind of setting that I'm missing that ensures all the content is exported as a single image instead of text? I have tried creating a new document and copy/pasting the content from the old into the new document (hopefully returning to default document settings in the process) but no dice.

Just now, Alec Sorensen said:

I recently updated my resume, and downloaded a template to alter for my new resume.

Odds are there is something in the downloaded template that is causing this problem. Is it possible to get a screenshot of the Layers Panel with the various layers and groups expanded so we can see if there is something causing the rasterization of the text.

Best would be the actual Template file but seeing as you have only 2 posts made it may not be possible for you to upload a document file.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Hey, thanks for pointing in the right direction. There was a HSL adjustment applied to the top group (that didn't appear to do much except create this problem).

I dragged the contents out of the group, created a new group (without an adjustment) and deleted the old HSL adjusted group. While I could uncheck the adjustment, it was unclear how to delete it... selecting the adjustment selected the group and then deleted everything.

Here's the screenshot of the issue: 

image.thumb.png.039fe7ecdff768cb720d21cfe9e30e0a.png

9 minutes ago, Alec Sorensen said:

selecting the adjustment selected the group and then deleted everything.

In the version 1 apps, you must click the thumbnail, not the name area, of the mask-nested object (the HSL Shift Adjustment) to select only it and not its parent (the Group), and then delete it.