You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Assign Keyboard Shortcut to "Remove All Guides" in Designer2\Photo2?

Is it possible to assign a keyboard shortcut to "Remove All Guides" in Designer2\Photo2?

In Photo I've created a macro which works fine (although, there's no way to assign a key shortcut to macros yet :(), but in Designer there's no option to create macros...

I don’t think that’s currently possible as the “Remove All Guides” function is only available within the Guides dialog.
“Show Guides” can be given a shortcut, but not “Remove All Guides”.

Is there a specific workflow where you would need to remove the existing guides very quickly?

Thank you, Garry.

I sometimes do freehand drawings and I like to place guides for specific sections that are not within the grid lines.
After a section is done, I remove these guides. 
I know I can show\hide the guides, but it's not practical for my workflow. 

I read somewhere that there's an option to use my Photo macros in Designer with StudioLink, and it does work, but I couldn't figure out how to use the macros without switching to the Photo persona.

Thanks for the extra information.

I had a feeling that it might be something like that but I thought I’d check.

In something like Publisher, the guides would normally be left in the document permanently as they would usually be part of the layout.

However, it seems reasonable to me, in an illustration application like Designer, that the user can quickly create and remove guides as they move through the design, working on different parts as they go.

Sounds like a good reason for a Feature Request to me.

If you do create a feature request, before you do, why not have a think about exactly what you would want the functionality to do, rather than just removing all of the guides? For example, would you like to create ‘guide groups’ each of which could be turned on/off as needed? Or would you like to be able put certain guides ‘within’ certain layers so that those guides are only available when you are editing certain layers (if that’s even possible)? Or something else which I haven’t even thought of?

My point is that, if you have the chance to ask for something new, why not ask for the thing you really want rather than asking for something which doesn’t quite do what you want it to do? (Or maybe just removing all of the guides is really all you want.)

----

I don’t use macros so I can’t advise on how they can be used, but someone else will be able to.

1 hour ago, udi9 said:

I'll definitely give it some more thought before submitting a new feature request.

Since there are already several similar/same requirements here, it would be better to add an opinion to a similar one or supplement it.
https://www.google.com/search?q=Remove+All+Guides+site://forum.affinity.serif.com

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.