You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affine Extend Mode Is Not Working

The Affine filter doesn't work to fill the document properly. As the attached example shows, wrap isn't actually wrapping, so it's not possible to create a seamless pattern. This worked correctly in Affinity Photo 1.

Reproduce:
Open a document.
Select Filter > Distort > Affine...
Set Offset X to 50%
Set Offset Y to 50%
Set Extend Mode to any value. (Attached image is set to Wrap.)

Affinity Photo 2.0.4
Windows 10, version 21H2

Identical effect with  Hardware Acceleration set to On or Off

Screenshot 2023-02-01 233255.png

This seems to be working for me on Windows 10 – see attached image.
If you can share the image we can experiment with it.

Note: Full-screen screenshots are usually better than smaller screen-grabs as we can often see more information about things like layers, settings, etc.

image.thumb.png.61b01ccde5f7b7e77f5b18a4a0167952.png

• 2 months later...

I seem to be having the same problem with affine. The attached shows that after a 50% 50% using wrap, this is what I get. I'm using 2.0.4 on Windows 10. In the reply someone mentioned "stuck on zero" whatever that means. I've tried zooming in and out and nothing seems to work. I notice that the layer boundary in blue lines is not at all what I would expect, considering before I did the affine, the blue outline matched the document size. Thoughts? Solutions?

Thanks

image.thumb.png.b376bd5b7b2953caf082bd4eb59bf119.png

• Staff

Have you done any cropping, e.g. to create a square ratio document? Try right-clicking your layer and choosing Rasterise & Trim before running the Affine filter—does that solve it?

Product Expert (Affinity Photo) & Product Expert Team Leader

@JamesR_Affinity for tutorial sneak peeks and more
Official Affinity Photo tutorials

Hi James,

Thanks for the tip regarding rasterize and trim. That seemed to take care of it. As you were so helpful ...

I suppose I could create another thread, but as I have you here, I have a question.

I'm trying to set up Affinity Photo to be my PSD pipeline editor for Cartoon Animator 5. To do so I need to go to the location of the .exe file. While I was able to do this with Photo1 with no problem, for the life of me I'm unable to find the actual .exe file. When I do searches on my drives and when I look at the shortcut, I always end up with this:

C:\Users\randy\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps\SerifEuropeLtd.AffinityPhoto2_3cqzy0nppv2rt\AffinityPhoto2.exe which has a 0 file size.

When I try and select this from Cartoon Animator 5 (as well as Fastone Image editor) I get Affinity Photo 2.exe Cannot access this file. Also, the desktop shortcut doesn't provide me with any option for an icon. I've done searches on my computer for *affinity*, *affinity photo*, *.exe and I don't get anything but the same path listed above. However, as I still have version 1 on my system, it finds the actual .exe file.

What am I missing that I can't fine what I need, which is really annoying because I need to setup both Photo and Design for my pipeline apps. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Randy

1 hour ago, IrisStudios said:

C:\Users\randy\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps\SerifEuropeLtd.AffinityPhoto2_3cqzy0nppv2rt\AffinityPhoto2.exe which has a 0 file size.

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

• 4 months later...
On 4/30/2023 at 9:42 AM, James Ritson said:

Have you done any cropping, e.g. to create a square ratio document? Try right-clicking your layer and choosing Rasterise & Trim before running the Affine filter—does that solve it?

This worked for me, thanks.