You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to export to HTML

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi. I would like to request almost the same... I do newsletters too. All graphics I do in indesign and then I make print pdf and rasterize it in photoshop. There I use rulers and slice tool to make slices. Next step is add links to slices. And final step is export to web – html and images (It makes simple html table). So my request is to make slices function to ability add the links and export to html (simple table). And use it with "export preview" what is in your to-do list already.

Or... another Idea:

Newsletter persona, where you can modify (add links, target, etc.) slices better then in Export persona. Plus better export to html – not only images but with simple texts too. For example I would like to make unsuscribe part with texts which I want to see like text in html. I would like to "mark" specific texts what I want to see in html before export. Maybe make new part of text tool – html text, or make html part of document like special layer – there will be texts in html or some kind of html template (possibility to set align, background color, unsuscribe links, etc). I have more ideas and I can you help with it if you want. Dont worry, newsletters are simple html (because of compatibility) so Its not too complicated. Maybe, one day you can have full Newsletter persona for making complete newsletter – from graphic to html and final inline function. :-)    

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 13.2.2016 at 0:53 PM, MEB said:

Hello pietercloete,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

There's no way to export to HTML from Affinity Designer/Photo.

Hello there serif guys. I‘m new to affinity photo

bought all 3 versions (win/Mac/iPad) and i‘m very interested in that feature and since your post here is almost 2 years old

i‘d like to know if there’s any way in the latest version of AP... thanks a lot... and keep it going...

• Staff

Tyves, 

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :)

The export Persona and slices facilitate the export of images suitable for web  design, but no specific HTML output is available at the moment. 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

4 minutes ago, MEB said:

There's no plans to add HTML export to any of the apps.  

If HTML export is ever added to the Affinity suite, I would expect to see it in Publisher rather than Designer or Photo.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

That’s a fair point, Miguel, although Macromedia Fireworks wasn’t a suite of programs. (Serif’s own DrawPlus and PhotoPlus can generate HTML for things like hotspots and button states.)

Alfred spacer.png

Honestly if an app is nowadays going to support UI/UX etc. and is called Designer it's logical that people ask after this HTML export feature. - Related to Fireworks, this was sold seperately and also as a part of a whole suite and become quickly a popular application among web site designers for creating buttons, banners, menus, artistic text etc.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

13 minutes ago, MEB said:

Macromedia Fireworks was a single program but they also had others - Dreamweaver (dedicated web authoring tool), Flash, Freehand, Director - just to mention a few. They could be considered a suite although their main focus was on web/multimedia.

Yup, pretty much like DrawPlus, WebPlus, MoviePlus, etc. My point was that since Affinity is actually a suite, and especially since the apps share a single file format, it seems to me that the ability to publish to HTML really belongs in Publisher. (In case you didn’t know, PagePlus had a Web Publishing Mode before WebPlus was released as a separate application, and this was retained for several versions after WebPlus first appeared on the scene.)

Alfred spacer.png

49 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi Tyves,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

No, it's not possible to export to HTML. There's no plans to add HTML export to any of the apps. You can only use Designer to layout the webpages visually and export elements as images in Export Persona.

Well, that’s a big pity. I always built my pages in photoshop and gave them out as html. Links etc I did the finally in editor/notepad...

it were just simply infopages without deeper structure or sth...

so at the end I have to slice my page in AP and give every single pic out then?

or is there any tutorial what explains it a bit... thanks a lot...

• Staff

Hi Tyves,

Yes, basically you design/layout the page visually then use the Export Persona to generate the slices automatically (or manually) form objects/layers to export as images/assets for the website. All the rest (HTML, CSS etc) must be managed in external apps or coded manually.

Check those videos about the export Persona and how it can help you automate the export process:

For additional video tutorials about Designer check this thread: Official Affinity Designer Video Tutorials

2 minutes ago, MEB said:

That's highly subjective. As i said it depends on how software developers plan/design their apps and the scope of their functionality.

Yes, of course. :)

2 minutes ago, MEB said:

As v_kyr pointed out quite a few users may see it more as a part of Designer than Publisher.

Well, what @v_kyr actually said is that it’s logical for it to be included in Designer, not for it to be excluded from Publisher! ;)

Alfred spacer.png

9 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi Tyves,

Yes, basically you design/layout the page visually then use the Export Persona to generate the slices automatically (or manually) form objects/layers to export as images/assets for the website. All the rest (HTML, CSS etc) must be managed in external apps or coded manually.

Check those videos about the export Persona and how it can help you automate the export process:

For additional video tutorials about Designer check this thread: Official Affinity Designer Video Tutorials

Many thanks will try to get sth done. 

2 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Well, what @v_kyr actually said is that it’s logical for it to be included in Designer, not for it to be excluded from Publisher! ;)

It would be useful to have for both, though in a Publishing software it's here more something for the whole page format oriented export, so to say to generate a HTML output of page layouts and longer bulk text etc. So I wouldn't expect to design the individual subcomponents like website buttons, artistic text menus etc. with that one, that's usually more the domain of Design software.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

• 1 year later...

I really have to add to this, with AD/AP not being able to export 'proper' PSDs, (i.e. with fonts included), means there are even fewer ways to get development ready assets to developers. (Who are really used to having PSDs with fonts included and not rasterised).