You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[ADe] Live Glassmorphism Effect (V1 and V2)

Mithferion

Hi there!

Just to share here a little file with a Live Glassmorphism Effect. Using Symbols and the Lock Children functionality, you can have a single shape or multiple shapes that you can move or resize around freely. Of course, you can change the image by replacing it with the options of the Move Tool.

image.png.f396a7f356561f59e5a3d923a813d571.png

See video below:

This was done in V1 so that anyone can use it (Outfit font included, from Google Fonts).

Best regards!

Glass.zip

33 minutes ago, Mithferion said:

Live Glassmorphism Effect. Using Symbols

Interesting!

I just tried a similar idea, but "vice versa" and with a slightly less complex hierarchy, avoiding layer effects as they can create a whole bunch of undesired side effects on their own.
Requires all three apps, i.e. works best in StudioLink:

apu_glassmorph_effect_symbols_blur_mask.png.6c8b5af8686d7c8acadc1dfb467c56ca.png

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

28 minutes ago, loukash said:

I just tried a similar idea, but "vice versa" and with a slightly less complex hierarchy, avoiding layer effects as they can create a whole bunch of undesired side effects on their own.

Nice idea! That's a good way to resize the Text Frame with the Glas Effect applied.

Thanks for adding another option for those who are interested in this.

Best regards!

@MithferionThis is really great effect. On a different note I have been looking around to find a similar glass effect as a style where I can change the tint for making up a stained glass mockup to no avail so far. John

AMD Ryzen 7 5800 X. Nvidia GeForce RTX3060 64Gb Ram
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for Windows • Windows 11 (23H2 build 22631 3447) Home
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for iPad Pro 10.5  • iPad OS 17.3.1

53 minutes ago, pioneer said:

This is really great effect

Thanks!

53 minutes ago, pioneer said:

making up a stained glass mockup to no avail so far. John

I imagine that this is the end result that you want to achieve, right?

SG.png.6eb4a81f27f175ac0ae6593b4ec37263.png

Best regards!

20 minutes ago, Mithferion said:

I imagine that this is the end result that you want to achieve, right?

Adding procedural texture to the mix…?

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

7 hours ago, loukash said:

Adding procedural texture to the mix…?

Maybe. I haven't used those ever, so I will give it a go just to see if something comes up.

Best reagrds!

@Mithferion Yes that's exactly the sort of styles I've been searching for. Cheers John

AMD Ryzen 7 5800 X. Nvidia GeForce RTX3060 64Gb Ram
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for Windows • Windows 11 (23H2 build 22631 3447) Home
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for iPad Pro 10.5  • iPad OS 17.3.1