You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Pixel Art (Move Tool And Scaling Control)

The Affinity suite is getting better every year, but is still lacking some core features and controls for professional workflows. I have recently come across some difficulties with the move tool and the control that is needed specifically in the area of pixel art. You can change some scaling controls such as Performance > View Quality > Nearest Neighbor and on the Layers Panel > Blend Options(Gear) > Anti-aliasing > Force Off. This still does not seem to help when scaling individual elements in my documents (See attach video. Compares Affinity's scaling operation to Aseprite).

I would like to suggest control added to the move tool itself as it is in PSD. 
image.thumb.jpeg.84ed66a4a52fd98708e6a347b3a8f812.jpeg
(Image from https://graphicdesign.stackexchange.com/questions/5376/is-it-possible-to-scale-using-nearest-neighbour-with-the-transform-tool )

There are some bugs pertaining to this issue and the pixel brush tool discussed in another post, but I think this suggestion should still be considered for future progression of the software.

Mentioned post: