You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can you transform/ skew imported JPEG's on PNG's?

I tried finding this question posted but couldn't seem to find exactly what I was looking for. I'm trying to modify a Mobile UI Mockup that I did in another application, I want to place it on top of a screen on a phone at an angle which involves screwing the imported image in Affinity Designer. I know you can get this effect using 'convert to curves' with a vector shape but I can't seem to find anything equivalent for imported JPEG or PNG images.

I included pictures in a couple of links, as an example of what I'm trying to accomplish, in case I'm not being very clear. Any help with this would be very much appreciated! I'm sure I saw this being done in Affinity Photo but can't figure it out in Designer unfortunately.

http://designshack.net/wp-content/uploads/iphone-mockup-psds-24.jpg

http://visionwidget.com/images/2016/0123/Isometric_Perspective_MockUp.jpg

Thanks very much!

• Staff

Hi likeshampoo,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

To skew an image, move the cursor over the middle handle of the bounding box approaching from outside the object (the cursor will change to two arrows pointing in opposite directions) then just drag.

There aren't Perspective and Warp distortions tools available in Affinity Designer yet. They are on our roadmap to be implemented later. If you have Affinity Photo you can use its Perspective and Warp distortion tools (raster based) or a Live Perspective Filter to accomplish this. You can then send the document to Designer (using menu File ▸ Edit in Designer...) to continue working on the file an even edit the Live Filter properties inside Designer.

Another way to approach this is to embed an affinity document inside another. You can edit the embedded document in its own document window while the original document is updated in real-time. Check this video for more info.

Hi MEB,

Thanks very much for your prompt response! The information is really much appreciated. I'll have a play around and see what I can come up with. I don't have Affinity Photo yet unfortunately, but I will look forward to getting it in the future and seeing what else can be done. Great to see the list of new features listed to be implemented at a later date too, its awesome to see you guys have such an involvement with the community!