You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

There may be a naming issue with Olympus M.Zuiko 30 mm macro lens

Hi,

I'm on Mac Catalina 10.15.7 running Affinity Photo 2.0.3

I've uploaded a sample ORF file for which I saw the issue. It's a photo of a B&W negative (XP2 film), which is why it looks odd.

The lens designation that appears to right of "Cancel" button on Affinity Photo screen is "Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 30mm F3.5 Macro"

However, the lens profile name on the drop down in the Develop module is "OLYMPUS M.30mm F3.5 Macro"

The Develop module is not auto-selecting the lens because of this, I believe. It does auto-select the correct profiles for my other lenses.

Also, I noticed something odd. Even after manually selecting the profile, I don't see any distortion correction of the image. I have to manually add 2% correction or I see some mild pincushioning. I'm shooting at a lens to object (i.e., film negative) distance of about 10-12 cm, so maybe it is unrealistic on my part to expect better correction. I don't have much experience doing this.

Thanks very much for anyone's help.

Robert

P1280009.ORF

The attached xml will auto select the lens in PhotoV1 but there is no distortion correction data in the lensfun database so I've had a guess
I've run the file through OM Workspace and that does nothing
PhotoLab5 does a proper job and corrects the slight amount of pincushion, attached zip contains comparison screenshots

ZuikoED30mmF3.5Macro.xml PL5correction.zip

Microsoft Windows 11 Home, Intel i7-1360P 2.20 GHz, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Intel Iris Xe
Affinity Photo - 24/05/20, Affinity Publisher - 06/12/20, KTM Superduke - 27/09/10

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

The issue "misidentified lens - Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 30mm F3.5 Macro " (REF: AFP-5995) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.1.0.1720".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us.